Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Cuba Libre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Training + air transport : can i create a base this way in the same turn ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
christian lecuyot
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If i do a training operation, can i transport (via the special activity) troops in an empty place that i selected for the operation and then replace the cubes i just brought here with a base in the same turn ? From the rules i understand i can, but the play book seems to assume that it is not possible. Where is the truth ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peder Bergenwall
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
LoganTT wrote:
If i do a training operation, can i transport (via the special activity) troops in an empty place that i selected for the operation and then replace the cubes i just brought here with a base in the same turn ? From the rules i understand i can, but the play book seems to assume that it is not possible. Where is the truth ?

If I'm understanding the COIN rules in general correctly, when you perform an operation and a special activity, you decide in which order you take them. In your example, if you after the special activity have troops available to be able to build a base, you can do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian lecuyot
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Peder, thank you for your answer. I think too that by the rules this powerfull combination (it makes gvt gain one turn to install a base) should work.

What makes me wonder is that in the playbook in the tutorial (page 8) the gvt is training and transporting, but doing the transport after the training, it doesnt take the benefit to build a base when it should be such a good idea. And later, on page 16, it is said about the training : "You could also use the transport Special Activity to ship an additional 3 troops there. Then, in a subsequent turn, you undertake Train Operation in that province, only you don't place cubes, instead you remove 2 cubes and place a base.". It sounds like if it is not possible to transport troops and build a base in the same turn with the transported troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Transport then Train to place a Base on the same Op+SpecialActivity is a legal move, as noted above.

Quote:
4.1 ... A Faction may execute its Special Activity at any one time immediately before, during, or immediately after the execution of its Operation.

(The discussion on page 16 of the Playbook includes a previous sentence that you omitted, about Sweep being a typical way to get Troops into a Province. The reference to "subsequent" is so that latter sentence stays consistent with both previous sentences, since Sweep and Train could not be combined in a single move. In any case, the Playbook discussion is just pointing out some not all possible ways to achieve objectives.)

Best regards! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christian lecuyot
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Volko for your so fast and clear answer. Then i did it right, and that is a very good idea to use transport to create a base anywhere on the map in the same turn. This is a powerfull combination when it takes so much time to bring police in provinces to be able to do civic actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.