Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

My copy of the base set is on the way, and in the meantime I am working on re-theming a few of the iconic heroes to make them a bit more to my preference. In light of that, I am wondering about the effect of a character's race within the game. For example, I am turning Harsk into an elf for my re-theme. Would making him an elf alter his stats at all in order to stay "true" to the Pathfinder universe? Or are there any potential issues I might run into by changing a hero's race?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing race or class related has come up yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are definitely things that would change because of the race for a ranger - check out the Pathfinder System Reference Document. For example, Dwarves get boni to their Constitution and Wisdom, but a malus to their Charisma, while Elves get boni to Dexteriy and Intelligence, but a malus to Constitution, so you would probably want to rejigger their dice (though of course in an RPG, you can always try to counteract these boni and mali by how you spend your points, so you do not necessarily need to go down to dice types for constitution). You You can also look how their racial abilities are depicted in the PACG, though the abilities do reference the classes more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.