Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy very much BP#5 and I love the tank rules. Still, there is one point of them that is still unclear to me.

"A tank operates as a single unit even though it may be made up of multiple units".

Does that means that when a Tank is activated to Drive all the units inside it become activated as well? If so, no Drive & Fire (or viceversa).

Am I correct?

Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Professorelm wrote:
"A tank operates as a single unit even though it may be made up of multiple units".

Does that means that when a Tank is activated to Drive all the units inside it become activated as well?

Correct, the tank is a "single" unit, so all parts of the tank are "activated" by an order given to the single tank.

Or as you put it, no Drive & Fire (or Fire then Drive)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so we need a Special Scenario Rule that puts a Hero in charge of a tank! (or a Tank full of heroes??)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Professorelm wrote:

Does that means that when a Tank is activated to Drive all the units inside it become activated as well?

Correct, the tank is a "single" unit, so all parts of the tank are "activated" by an order given to the single tank.

Thank you Richard.

Just to be sure: what you say is in turn overruled by SR "Firing A Tank", that says that "Tanks use the Fire Order and Opportunity Fire Actions normally". Correct?

If I am correct, for Fire Orders things revert back to the standard rules, and in order to Fire a Tank's weapons either you Activate its Leader or you activate its units individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professorelm wrote:
RPardoe wrote:
Professorelm wrote:

Thank you Richard.

Just to be sure: what you say is in turn overruled by SR "Firing A Tank", that says that "Tanks use the Fire Order and Opportunity Fire Actions normally". Correct?

If I am correct, for Fire Orders things revert back to the standard rules, and in order to Fire a Tank's weapons either you Activate its Leader or you activate its units individually.

Simone,

Correct. The rule was specifically written this way to ensure that a "Tank" in the event that the Tank Leader was eliminated could still fire its component weapon systems, albeit only one per fire order. Note that in the absence of the Tank Leader the "Tank" is immobilized, unable to Drive but still able to fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Brian, that's how we have been played so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"Of what use is a philosopher that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings?" -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
"We talked a little more of Milesians and Firbolgs; but I do not write what he told me here, as it is at variance with things I have written already, as is often the case with legend, whence comes a pleasing variety." -Lord Dunsany
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a moving tank fire its non-ordnance weapons with an Assault Fire action card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
Can a moving tank fire its non-ordnance weapons with an Assault Fire action card?

No, a tank is activated to drive and Assault Fire! says:

Assault Fire may only be played if at least
one unit currently activated to Move
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.