Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: Free Model for backing. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Gifford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Edit: It would appear that the kickstarter campaign changed the offer, and now they're just doing a free model for everyone if they get 2,000 backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this may have backfired on them.
According to the update, "The last pledger was number 873, the new person has to have a higher number than that". The number of backers is currently listed as 811 (was 812 when I started typing this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have backed if anyone wants to pair up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so everyone knows, this offer has been withdrawn. Instead there is a bonus credit for reaching 2000 backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a current backer and would LOVE to sponsor a new backer if this comes into play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
I am a current backer and would LOVE to sponsor a new backer if this comes into play again.

Someone was paying people to use him as the sponsor in order to get loads of stuff. This wont come back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch! Another KS did this (I can't remember which one, maybe Galaxy Defenders?) and it worked pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:
Ouch! Another KS did this (I can't remember which one, maybe Galaxy Defenders?) and it worked pretty well.

Yeah. It was galaxy defender. I think they limited to one sponsor per person didnt they? However, i remember there was some negativity about the idea back then, and there was a lot of negativity for the avp scheme as well. I like the alternative they came up with. Now i just need to see tiles, cards, and rules. At the moment i dont even know if there wll be card art, photographs of the minis, or captures from the films.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There won't be movie captures - it's been mentioned that they have no rights to use likenesses of actors. No real people with real agents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
There won't be movie captures - it's been mentioned that they have no rights to use likenesses of actors. No real people with real agents...

That makes sense, but doesnt rule out movie captures completely. Also doesnt rule out ffp style photography work like some of the stuff in the avp card game. I am hoping for some nice artwork, but i do gave this feeling that most cards will be text only... Dont know why, just a feeling i have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No reason why there shouldn't be photographs, but not from the movies, as I understand the situation. Certainly, there could be shots with no actors, but then those would jar with other cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
No reason why there shouldn't be photographs, but not from the movies, as I understand the situation. Certainly, there could be shots with no actors, but then those would jar with other cards.

I don't know if you ever played the card game (man, I wish I had never got rid of that). That combined film stills, promo shots of cast in their outfits, renders, shots of props, and people in costumes for characters that were never in the movies. It worked pretty well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In a game where colonial marines play a major.role, the game producers should follow the military adage of K.I.S.S., or Keep It Simple, Stupid.

The proposed system of recommendation was anything but simple. Especially with people buying recomendations from others... down that path lie unhappiness, potentially.

I'm glad its gone. This and Heroquest are the two KS projects I hope are the most sucessful and well run. Heroquest has a solid history. Aliens is a solid IP. I don't care if this game sucks. I'm in it for the splendid dollies.

Now if I could only trade away my predator stuff that is included for more USCM or Alien stuff, I would be overjoyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a IP guru, but I find iit odd that you can get the rights make a game using nearly everything from a movie including the names, terminology, iconography, creatures and specific gear and weapons of the humans in the movie.
But you do something in the likeness of a specific human 'character' from the movie?
Wouldn't the 'character' be covered by the movie ip rights?
So the actor owns the right to the character?
And therefore characters can't be done.

And these are sincere questions, I don't know nor understand the difference and hope for enlightenment.
Especially since the sergeant that's been unlocked looks a hell of a lot like the one from the movies?

They couldn't do a not Ripley?
Sedition wars and GD did so and seem to have had no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the reasoning is the actor owns the right to their individual face/look/body. They get paid because of who they are. For someone else to cash in by using their identity without paying for that use isn't gonna work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.