Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario #3 and Items (Possible spoilers?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Unknown
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just played the game last night with this scenario (I was the traitor) and in charge of the witch.

The "Form of Frog" spell was cast on an explorer who had the book (+2 to knowledge, if you loose the book -2 to knowledge).

The Form of Frog spell states that when it effects and explorer it drops their might and knowledge to the lowest level above the skull. It also states that they drop all their items meaning they take the -2 knowledge hit from dropping the book.

Wouldn't this then kill them? I looked around in the book and there is no specific rule in regards to items killing or not killing explorers and the players (understandably) argued against this. Looked for any official information on this (found none) so now I'm looking for opinions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
I don't think the order of instructions is relevant, but just a list of all the things that need to happen. I think the intent is not to kill off the other explorers right off, but give them a fighting chance. I would say they lose their items, and reset their traits to one above death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MaxisG wrote:

The "Form of Frog" spell was cast on an explorer who had the book (+2 to knowledge, if you loose the book -2 to knowledge).

The Form of Frog spell states that when it effects and explorer it drops their might and knowledge to the lowest level above the skull. It also states that they drop all their items meaning they take the -2 knowledge hit from dropping the book.

I would do those two things in reverse order.

Drop book. Lower knowledge by 2. Then turn into frog. Go to point above skull.

If losing the book would kill them, it kills them. But turning people into frogs shouldn't kill them right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.