Group 4 - Jump

Group 5 - Damage

Here's a different arrangement of positions:

Captain/Engineering
Weapons/Damage
Helm
Sensors/Tractor
Shields/Jump

What alternate station assignments have you guys come up with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Gould
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I haven't played around with them overmuch, but there's a couple things that would need to be kept in mind:

1. The standalone actions (e.g. Tractor, Jump, DamCon) need to stay standalone, since they predicate on the results of previous stations. (e.g. can't Tractor unless Sensors got a lock).

2. For 3/4 players, you're doing the "group action" stations in two batches, so you need to make sure you're not giving away advantages. For instance, Shields and Helm should stay on the same (later) step because it would be too useful for Shields to know for certain which way the ship would face. (Or less so, for Helm to know where the strong shields will be). Engineering, Sensors, Weapons (loading)... they could all move forward /back, I think. If you wanted to make it harder, you could move the breaches to the larger group (instead of the smaller).

tl;dr - probably the simplest is to let everyone pick one action on 3A and one on 3B. There's no reason I can think of why any particular combination would be bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.