Zombicide: Toxic City Mall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Barricades rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do barricades work on the zombiecide, I know about the extra activation but what about no extra activation. I know they take the shortest route around them but what if there is noise on the other side. Do they start breaking the barricade down and if so how?

Thanks

Reagan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
They simply pile up at the barricade like on a closed door.
They can only break it down when an extra activation occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing to remember is that if zombies can see survivor the other side of a barricade then they will just pile up at the barricade, even if there is another, open, route to them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does an abomination just destroy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Onies Shuka
France
flag msg tools
mb
Can you put them anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"Whenever Zombies get an extra activation (because of a
card, miniatures lacking or another game effect), remove all
barricades tokens from Zones where at least one Zombie of
the indicated type stands. These Zombies spend their entire
activation to destroy the barricade, even if they have several
Actions to spend. If a Runner gets an extra activation that
moves him into a Zone with a barricade on his first Action,
he’ll use his second Action to destroy the barricade."

TCM, page 11
There is no mentioning of Abominations being able to tear through baricades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Onies wrote:

The rules say that you can only build them in locations allowed within the scenario text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Onies wrote:

The rules say that you can only build them in locations allowed within the scenario text.

If you aren't playing a scenario, they can be built in any appropriate location as discussed in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Onies wrote:

If you aren't playing a scenario, they can be built in any appropriate location as discussed in the rules.

Where does the rules say that? Im sure they specify that unless a scenario details where to build a barricade, none can be build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

Where does the rules say that? Im sure they specify that unless a scenario details where to build a barricade, none can be build.

Well, let's see, if you aren't playing a scenario, then you are playing your own custom scenario, so you can designate any appropriate location (p.11 #1) as OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Greasygeek wrote:
longagoigo wrote:

Well, let's see, if you aren't playing a scenario, then you are playing your own custom scenario, so you can designate any appropriate location (p.11 #1) as OK.

I believe we're all saying the same thing here, just in different ways.

The main rules state that where you can build barricades is determined by the scenario you are playing.

The scenario you are playing may be pre-defined, in which case you should follow the instructions in that scenario (and if it doesn't mention barricades then it should be taken that you can't build them).

Or it may be a custom scenario thought up by yourself (or a modified version of a pre-defined scenario) in which case you can make barricade placement as limited or unlimited as you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chalmers
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone played a scenario, from Season 1 for example, and incorporated the ability to erect Barricades to see if it breaks the map?

Just curious if you could break scenarios completely if you were allowed to erect Barricades in any of the already predefined scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sador42 wrote:
Has anyone played a scenario, from Season 1 for example, and incorporated the ability to erect Barricades to see if it breaks the map?

Just curious if you could break scenarios completely if you were allowed to erect Barricades in any of the already predefined scenarios.

Not actually played any S1 scenarios with Barricades, but one scenario I can think of that would be entirely broken if you could place barricades anywhere is Grindhouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with barricades, make sure you include all 6 cards of "Walkers get an extra activation"

That's the LEAST you can do to balance it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Resende
Brazil
flag msg tools
Abomination does not destroy barricade. Never! Because abominations doesn't have ACTIVATION.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucasaresende wrote:
Abomination does not destroy barricade. Never! Because abominations doesn't have ACTIVATION.

Abominations are activated as Fatties

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dvang wrote:
lucasaresende wrote:

Where does this come from? I can't find anything in the rules to support this.

Although, I will posit that a Survivor with Taunt could get an Abomination to destroy a barricade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
dvang wrote:
lucasaresende wrote:

Although, I will posit that a Survivor with Taunt could get an Abomination to destroy a barricade.

PO rules, page 12, is I think what he's referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
samuel udd
msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
dvang wrote:
lucasaresende wrote:

Maybe it's me that's blind.. But where on PO p12 does it say that Abominations are activated as fatties?
I've never played it like that but it sounds like it makes sense.

So Abominations gets an activation both from Fatties running out of minis and Activation cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Abominations are not activated as fatties!
They share the targeting priority with fatties.
Abominations do not get extra activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zammeee wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
dvang wrote:
lucasaresende wrote:

Maybe it's me that's blind.. But where on PO p12 does it say that Abominations are activated as fatties?

So Abominations gets an activation both from Fatties running out of minis and Activation cards?

It doesn't, and no, they don't.

It does, however, say that if you run out of abominations and you need spawn another then you place a fatty and two walkers instead.

I think that's what dvang meant (but he just worded it badly).

If that's not what he meant, then I haven't a clue what he did mean!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Fontaine
France
flag msg tools
mb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
zammeee wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
dvang wrote:
lucasaresende wrote:

It doesn't, and no, they don't.

It does, however, say that if you run out of abominations and you need spawn another then you place a fatty and two walkers instead.

I think that's what dvang meant (but he just worded it badly).

If that's not what he meant, then I haven't a clue what he did mean!

Let's see : abomination = A.B.O.M.I.N.A.T.I.O.N
fatty = F.A.T.T.Y

"All fatties get an extra turn"... nuff' said

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
something I'm wondering about barricades is if it gets destroyed, is it removed completely or is it changed to its incomplete side?
and-or in case of a double barricade, are both halves destroyed or only 1?
the rules seem to imply it is completely removed though I would think putting it into an incomplete state would be more logical; the zombies would not clean it up meticulously as to leave no useable parts behind, ie they would stop breaking it as soon as there's a hole to go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
something I'm wondering about barricades is if it gets destroyed, is it removed completely or is it changed to its incomplete side?
and-or in case of a double barricade, are both halves destroyed or only 1?
the rules seem to imply it is completely removed though I would think putting it into an incomplete state would be more logical; the zombies would not clean it up meticulously as to leave no useable parts behind, ie they would stop breaking it as soon as there's a hole to go through.

The Rules wrote:
Whenever Zombies get an extra activation (because of a card, miniatures lacking or another game effect), remove all barricades tokens from Zones where at least one Zombie of the indicated type stands.
(emphasis mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

The Rules wrote:
Whenever Zombies get an extra activation (because of a card, miniatures lacking or another game effect), remove all barricades tokens from Zones where at least one Zombie of the indicated type stands.
(emphasis mine)

Remove only completed working barricades or all barricades means halffinished double barricades (1 finished barricade token on a 2 tile wide street) and unfinished barricades (only an unfinished barricade token)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.