Dungeon Roll» Forums » Variants

Subject: New treasure concept: +1 weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Snider
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I created my own treasure icons using poker chips for a heftier "feel" during the loot phase. It dawned on me while making these that one of the classic treasure items from Every Fantasy RPG was missing -- the "+1" weapon. How about this:

+1 sword - Usable only by a fighter. Allows the character to defeat any one extra creature. (So the fighter could defeat any two creatures or all Goblins plus one more creature of another type.)

+1 mace - Usable only by a cleric. Allows the character to defeat any one extra creature. (So the cleric could defeat any two creatures or all Skeletons plus one more creature of another type.)

+1 staff - Usable only by a mage. Allows the character to defeat any one extra creature. (So the mage could defeat any two creatures or all Oozes plus one more creature of another type.)

+1 dagger - Usable only by a thief. Allows the character to defeat any one extra creature. (So the thief could defeat any two creatures or open all chests plus defeat one more creature of another type.)

+1 holy defender - Usable only by a champion. Allows the character to defeat any one extra creature. (So the champion could defeat all creatures of any one type / open all chests plus defeat one more creature of another type.)

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
This is the sort of thing you will be seeing in the Shoppe and Tavern expansion in the future...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic news.

I'm glad we will see more than just lots of new Characters!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth,

It's 2 1/2 years later, now: Is this expansion officially dead? Or was it just mightily delayed, but maybe it'll now happen?

Thanks,
MJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjschryver wrote:
Seth,

It's 2 1/2 years later, now: Is this expansion officially dead? Or was it just mightily delayed, but maybe it'll now happen?

Thanks,
MJ

I'm not 100% sure which Dungeon Roll expansions are still "on the list", but I think what was going to be "Shoppe & Tavern" might have been split up or changed to "Henchmen" -- and I'm also not sure if it'll actually come to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark James Schryver
United States
Pulaski
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny, I never heard of "Henchmen" until just now. Has there ever been ANY official communication about any of this stuff, or has it all just been what's dribbled out in the BGG forums?

It really would be nice – and, I think, appropriate – to get one official answer. Even if the answer is "We're done." At least then we players could stop having our hopes raised, just to be dashed again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjschryver wrote:
It's funny, I never heard of "Henchmen" until just now. Has there ever been ANY official communication about any of this stuff, or has it all just been what's dribbled out in the BGG forums?

It really would be nice – and, I think, appropriate – to get one official answer. Even if the answer is "We're done." At least then we players could stop having our hopes raised, just to be dashed again.

There has been no official announcements that I am aware of.

sedjtroll wrote:
-- and I'm also not sure if it'll actually come to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
mjschryver wrote:

There has been no official announcements that I am aware of.

sedjtroll wrote:
-- and I'm also not sure if it'll actually come to be.

Well, that's a bummer....

An expansion with replacement dice sure would be handy... Experience goes for my character(s), and gold/treasure I collect gets turned into +1 type party dice. And for every +1 party die I buy/take, there's an upgrade monster die to go with it. Might not have different monsters, but maybe no potions or chests... or all dragons...

But it *could* have different monsters- they would take a +1 party die to eliminate, or TWO regular party die to eliminate.

It wouldn't need any fancy package- just the dice and punch sheet of gold tokens along with the new rules. Well, putting in a nice dice bag would be kinda cool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Peña
Uruguay
Ciudad de la Costa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Henchmen expansion is on preorder. ETA, may 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.