Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tuna boat (blue, 12-14 card) allows a player to roll two dice and gain that many coins. Does this card, like all the other blue cards, activate when other people roll a 12-14?

Also, does this card stack? If, for example, I were able to grab all 6 cards, could I then roll twelve dice and hope to gain 72 coins?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An expansion card? Anyway, I haven't read the expansion rules, but based on the base game rules, I'd say yes and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh, I posted in the wrong spot....I'll ask this again in the MK Plus forum....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the files section and you'll find the rules and the text of the cards !! ;-)

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/143789/machi-kor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
bradandmary wrote:
The tuna boat (blue, 12-14 card) allows a player to roll two dice and gain that many coins. Does this card, like all the other blue cards, activate when other people roll a 12-14?

Also, does this card stack? If, for example, I were able to grab all 6 cards, could I then roll twelve dice and hope to gain 72 coins?

Yes, they stack and pay out on other player's turns. From the rules:

If you have 3 Tuna Boats, and roll an 8, then you would get 24 coins. Other players who have a finished harbour will also get 8 coins per Tuna boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've been playing it where each player with Tuna Boats rolls for Tuna Boat income separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchy wrote:
We've been playing it where each player with Tuna Boats rolls for Tuna Boat income separately.

The example seems to indicate that you wouldn't roll separately but I would expect there are situations (I've not played the expansion) where an opponent rolls those numbers but doesn't have the Tuna Boat, wouldn't they need to roll the dice to determine what other players receive?

I suppose it feels more right to have the payout be the same for every one but since I've not played I shouldn't comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthew.marquand wrote:

I suppose it feels more right to have the payout be the same for every one but since I've not played I shouldn't comment.

I have the expansion and have played it, having the payout for everyone the same is what we do and does feel right, so I'll endorse your non-comment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it saves time and makes the game flow better, when you don't have to do separate rolls for each player or each tuna boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nobuaki Takerube
Japan
Minami-Tsugaru-Gun
Aomori-Ken
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for confusion.
In Japanese rule, the player who rolled 12 should only roll for Tuna Boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.