Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Shockley
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card says you play it to prevent wounds from affecting a town elder. Does this work when a Mystery card says that a town elder is killed outright by the villain? Or only to prevent a wound during a combat round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Newcastle
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
And they call it a mine. A Mine!
mbmbmbmbmb

I copied this from a previous post where the designer answered this one:

SovTech wrote:
Spank me if I am correct but I believe that Escape can prevent the townelder from dying from such cards as No-One is Safe. I think J. Hill said that in another thread on the forum.

I dont know this but I suspect that if you have a townelder with you, he or she will be attacked by the villain if you are(!).

Cheerio,
A

Cards like Escape and Just a Scratch can be used to prevent a Town Elder from being 'Killed' by a card like "No one is Safe". When a card says that a Town Elder is 'Killed' the intent is that they take enough wounds to kill them - 1 Wound is enough to Kill a Town Elder. If you prevent that wound, they are not killed.

As far as them being attacked if they are with you. This is actually not the case. Town Elders are only attacked in Combat during a Showdown, and only if they are part of your 'Hunting Party'. If they are with you by some other means (such as the 'Hero of the People' Secret), they are not attacked seperately.

- Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.