Subject: Mission 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played mission 2 with two players. We had no chance. That smelly things kept coming up. So I wanted to know, if I did something wrong rulewise or if I simply have to rethink my strategy.

The smelly things are always active and you roll to spawn, if there are less than two on the board, right?
So the first one ate through all the doors and was upon us in short time (we hadn´t finished fighting the monsters in the first room) and the second followd shortly afterwards.

What do the Fate-Markers on the other two rooms do? I could not find a rule for that.

Any advise how to do this with two players are appreciated!

Love the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have only played it once and it was quite tough. I ran out of time. The fate markers I think you are meaning are the wandering monster tokens (see front page of the mission book). Another way that monsters spawn if you are in the room.
I think it's a case of try,try and try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here - no time left in a 6 player romp.

The trick seems to be run, and then keep running forwards not getting too side-tracked. None of the usual 'explore and pick up all the treasures then regroup to open the next door' nonsense, which you can afford to do in many other dungeon crawls. This is a smash them first, ask questions later game - try persuading some of the team to throw themselves on to the traps to speed things up?

Getting past the smelly things and then hoping that they don't appear again is key to progressing quickly but if you roll the fate die like we did then it can be pretty frustrating when yet another one blocks the way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Symbiotic Hat

League City
Texas
msg tools
On our first run through this mission we had the same problem as you. We got stuck in the that smelly thing room and wasted too many turns. On our next play we decided to tank them and keep pushing forward. This worked quite a bit better but we got jammed up when we hit the spawner outside the boss room and ran out of turns.

We came to the conclusion that the game isn't balanced around 2 players (aside from the first mission). I suggest just playing 2 characters each. Kinda silly since they offer a specific 2 player turn limit but you can tell it wasn't meant to be played that way. Even the solo game has you play 3 characters at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.