Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Cops and robbers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: card [+] cards [+] jail [+] robbers [+] chase [+] cops [+] getaway [+] [View All]
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi all I'm a bit of a newbie here. Lurked a while though.

I've developed a new card game called cops and robbers. The basic premise of the game is to steal as much loot as you can while evading the cops. You "build" a getaway car and try to escape from the cops with the loot from your crime spree.

The game is made of three different decks, a loot deck, a cop deck and a criminal deck. I've had it play tested with some proxy cards and the mechanic work really well. Basically the loot deck determines your game score ranging from $0 through to $200000. The winner is the person with the most cash after a certain time period or you could play to $1000000. The cop deck determines how many cops are chasing you, ranging from 0 cops through to 3. This is affected by the time spent on your crime spree. The criminal cards give you perks basically, to get away from the cops or to throw your mates in jail, I've playtested it with between 2 and 6 players, 4 seems to be an ideal amount.

My brother has designed about half of the cards so far. In fact the entire cop deck is finished and the loot deck too. I'm getting some test copies of these sent to me. It should have about 108 cards by the end, I think about 25-30 unique cards.

I'm planning on setting up a kickstarter some time around Xmas. As this is my first venture and is till have my day job I'm still trying to nail down costings etc. once I figure out how to post pics I'll put some up for people to see.

Cheers

Kieran
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Due to popular demand whistle Here are some of the cards that my brother created for me.
First, two of the backs of the three decks.

And here are the faces of some of the loot cards and the cop cards. Nothing of the criminal deck yet.

Any comments or criticism? Please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compter
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to give the rules a read if you have them available.

I had something of a similar idea for a game but it looks like you are chasing it just a bit different than I am.

I like the art although I'm not in love with the font used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
If you have a google account I can share them on google drive. The basics are there but the wording may need improving. It makes sense in my head if you now what I mean.
Thanks for the feedback also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compter
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pm sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Cool. I've sent you commenting rights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
I just received half of the cards. The ones that have been completed, so that's 2 of the 3 decks. I'm really impressed with them. A little bit of an issue with the borders but I just need to get the colours wider for the cards so there are no white spaces. This should be an easy fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
This project is still going. I'm getting the kickstarter ready fairly soon.
You can a preview of it through either my website (it's a placeholder until I get this thing fully running) or through my facebook page. Like it if you want The rules are there for anyone to see as well. The prices and goal aren't set in stone yet and may change. I'll be talking to the printers tomorrow to see what they think and on Wednesday I'm having a gaming night at my local gaming store.
www.facebook.com/copsandrobbersgame
http://kieranwb.wix.com/devious-games
You can also see the cover art on these sites

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
It's all go now. $32 NZD to get it shipped to your door anywhere in the world, which I think equates to about $26.50 USD or £16 GBP.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/cops-and-robb...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice art! I wish I have a brother like yours so that I won't worry about the cost of hiring people to do the artworks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Its good. I still have to pay hi from the kickstarter though, he needs bread. Lol thanks for looking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
I've got a facebook page going https://www.facebook.com/copsandrobbersgame
If you want to join to see the latest news for the game. Relaunch of the game will be on April 18/19 depending on where you are in the world. I'll be putting in some things like early birds with good deals if you get in first.
Can't hurt to have a. Look at the page, and you would really help me if you shared it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieran Billings
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
The kickstarter for this is live
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1173449368/cops-and-rob...

Here's some more of the artwork

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.