Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
would like to get some help about these questions:
1- Do the central printed hole squares in the map from Box set count as at the same level or do they provide some level differentiation and so affects LOS?

2- When casting some mob counters can they be placed diagonally or just orthogonally to the caster?

3- A miniature in diagonal adjacent square can be locked or attacked?

4- When Locking if I got a magnet no matter the result from the other trying to unlock?

5- when automatic hit from a bomb can I defend it with a die roll or it is automatic hit without any option to roll for armour?

thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:
4- When Locking if I got a magnet no matter the result from the other trying to unlock?

Great questions.

A magnet simply gives you an additional die when determining if you can lock an opponent from moving away. If you roll a Magnet, and your opponent rolls a Boot, they can move away. Gotta check the special skills of each player too. Dodge, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McConnell
United States
Sweeny
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They do not effect LOS.
2-3. "Adjacent" does not include Diagonals.
4. Magnets and Boots work for Locking the same way Shields and Explosions work for Combat.
5. You do roll for Defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1-No effect. Crates, bushes, and trees are the only terrain that does anything

2-the cell where a creature is summoned must be adjacent to the character casting the spell (pg 10)

3-When a character wishes to leave a cell adjacent to an opponent...,they may be locked! pg 6
For attacks, opponents must be adjacent for a close combat spell. For ranged attacks, you do not count diagonal spaces for range.

4-No. First your opponent rolls for lock. If he gets it, you roll for dodge.

5-Bomb attacks roll for critical damage and you get a roll for armor against them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
About question 5 if you are talking about the automatic hit you don't roll for defense, the bomb is automaticly destroyed I think...

After you roll for a critical hit to add to his attack (as usual) and each affected caracters (even friendly) by the bomb attack roll for defense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
About question 5 if you are talking about the automatic hit you don't roll for defense, the bomb is automaticly destroyed I think...

No, if you attack a bomb, you still have to roll for critical damage, then roll defense. If you don't roll a critical and the bomb rolls a shield, the bomb is not set off.

OP, the rules forum would a better place for these Qs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/1130993/krosmaster-arena/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apis Rex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
If you don't roll a critical and the bomb rolls a shield, the bomb is not set off.
Depends on the base damage of the attack hitting the bomb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apis Rex wrote:
Donald wrote:
If you don't roll a critical and the bomb rolls a shield, the bomb is not set off.
Depends on the base damage of the attack hitting the bomb.

True. How about "If the bomb does not take damage, it doesn't go off."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm talking about the automatic hit at the start of the bomb owner's turn, is there a block roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
I'm talking about the automatic hit at the start of the bomb owner's turn, is there a block roll?

Yes. The bomb rolls to see if it does critical damage, then each target rolls to try to block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know that... I'm not talking about the bomb's attack, I'm talking about, when the bomb's owners turn begins, the bomb RECEIVES an auto hit (so it explodes) does the bomb rolls for armour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it automatically goes off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure, Donald?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Apis Rex
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cut_ wrote:
Are you sure, Donald?
Damage normally works in three phases. First the damaging player rolls to crit and adds the results to their base damage, then the defending player rolls armor to try and reduce that total, and then the final injury markers are assigned. In the case of bombs blowing up at the start of the activation of the krosmaster that summoned them, the phrase the rulebook uses is that the bomb "automatically suffers 1 injury and therefore casts its Explosion spell, since it's been K.O.'ed". This means that it skips the first two steps that would be involved if they were taking damage because the game skips directly ahead to just placing the injury marker on them.

This is also the way it works in the online version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.