4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: How necessary is Hirluin to an Outlands deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a reason to be curious about this, and I haven't played any of the AtS cycle or any of its player cards.

Without Hirluin for resource smoothing, is it too difficult to get the Outlands allies onto the table quickly to make it worth using an Outlands deck, or is it still possible without him as the hero?

Again it may seem like a strange question so just go with me on this, its part of a project I have for LoTR that I will post about once I have the details worked out.

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elrond may be used as well, or a dwarf hero with Narvi's belt. Though I haven't tried either of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elrond can be used pretty well. The thing that makes hurluin a better fit I find is that you will have access to Steward of Gondor and he benifits from all outland buffs. Of course you could pair Elrond with a leadership hero or 2 and you get SoG too. Big difference in starting threat too!

It thin Sam, Elrond and Glorfindel sp, would be pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
msg tools
mbmb
As others have mentioned, Eldrond works just as well when it comes to resource smoothing. I had a lot of fun using a deck of Elrond, Glorfindel (sp), and Mirlonde. There are a lot of neat little interactions between lore and spirit that you can use to accelerate the deck. Daeron's runes + stand and fight was my favorite, but the deck also does OK with Vilya, Expert Treasure-hunter, and even A Good Harvest. From my experience, it's definitely not the strongest outlands build, but I had many fun, memorable games with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.