Popular Tags: [View All]
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple of games. I believe that for the Coalition is very difficult to meet the victory conditions. I also seems strange that the coalition should spend resources of the Government.

I maybe I did not understand any rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Coalition has one of the easiest victory conditions. They build Support and then a Surge their pieces off the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Try playing the Government and having the Coalition spend your resources!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GC58 wrote:
I've played a couple of games. I believe that for the Coalition is very difficult to meet the victory conditions. I also seems strange that the coalition should spend resources of the Government.

I maybe I did not understand any rules?

There is a big difference between solo play with bots and player with four real players. In the latter case, the Coalition has the chance to train/surge into a winning position on the card before Propaganda - provided he is allowed to perform ops/special activity. When playing against bots, this isn't an option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You aren't misunderstanding...think of it this way and the Coalition resource-spending will make more sense:

Coalition has vastly more resources than any of the other factions themselves. Therefore, the "Coalition Resources" marker is always off the gameboard.

The Coalition frequently insists on taking joint action with the government...training government police/troops, going out on joint missions, bolstering support, etc. Whenever these joint actions occur, it takes some of the extremely vast Coalition resources (which are not tracked on the board), and some of the much smaller Government resources (which is tracked on the board).

When you look at it in that light, the times the Coalition spends resources will make more sense to you, and it will make more sense why they spend the Government's resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
COIN Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply think of it as the USG subsidizing the Kabul government, then "their" resources to Coalitions unilateral priorities. Kabul is not in a position to say no, since they generate only a small fraction of their revenues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gringer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
COIN Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply think of it as the USG subsidizing the Kabul government, then "their" resources to Coalitions unilateral priorities. Kabul is not in a position to say no, since they generate only a small fraction of their revenues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:
Coalition has one of the easiest victory conditions. They build Support and then a Surge their pieces off the board.
That so?

You can 'only' Surge from 3 spaces.

And in general, seems the Coalition has to work much harder to get there than the Government. Government 'only' needs COIN control and Patronage. Coalition needs COIN control too, to do Civic Actions. So Government has won, by the time Coalition is ready to get support. And then still has to move out!

Currently in my first game as Coalition (with GringerJD as Gov) and I must say this seems quite a daunting task.

I think I had an easier life playing Taliban. At least you could work on your own goals, without being afraid to collaterally fulfil other player's Victory Conditions.
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.