Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I read the rules several times to really get everything howeevr i still have some question:

1) If SP controls a FP Stronghold, can the SP use it to go into siege ?
2) If SP controls a FP City, Does the SP get defensive advantages ?
3) If moving a caracter (companion) can he enters a region with a siege holded by FP ?
4)Page 32 in the rule book in the section "Capturing a Settlement", it says that "A captured city, town or Stronghold cannot be used for mustering or advancing the political track".
I do get the mustering part... but not the Political track...

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes they can
2) Yes they do
3) Do mean the free is inside the stronghold? The characters cannot enter the stronghold unless using a special event card. I think they can enter the region outside with the shadow army.
If you mean the free is doing the attacking, they can join them.
4) Not sure why the political track bit is mentioned either. If a city etc is captured then the owning player must be at war, so they will no longer need to advance in any case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
GamesJart wrote:
If a city etc is captured then the owning player must be at war, so they will no longer need to advance in any case.

The owning nation doesn't have to be at war yet. It will be active and 2 steps down (one for the attack, one for the captured settlement), so possibly one step away from war.

Edit: or maybe you meant the invader as 'owning player' since they will be owning settlement after capture.

christizzz wrote:
4)Page 32 in the rule book in the section "Capturing a Settlement", it says that "A captured city, town or Stronghold cannot be used for mustering or advancing the political track".

I guess this means that should the settlement be attacked again (by the original owner), the Nation does not advance an extra step on the Political Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It refers to the use of certain Companions' special ability to advance the Political Track using any Action die result in specific locations. Those locations can't be used if they're enemy-held.

GamesJart wrote:
3) Do mean the free is inside the stronghold? The characters cannot enter the stronghold unless using a special event card. I think they can enter the region outside with the shadow army.

No, they can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
christizzz wrote:
I do get the mustering part... but not the Political track...

I think the part about the political track is mentioned because certain Companions have abilities that allow them to advance their home nation on the political track if they are in a City or Stronghold of their nation. However, by the time the Shadow has captured those locations, the nation in question is likely to be at war already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.