Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Specter
United States
Belmont
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have downloaded and read the new rulebook. I apologize in advance if I'm missing something. I still do not understand the function of the "$" and "WAR".

In the new rulebook on p 5, the Topic Cards section begins to address these, but the last sentence of the paragraph is incomplete.

How do these things function in the game? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By my reading of the rules.

They work in combinations with other cards.
For each card with "WAR" in the bottom righthand corner that is on the table, eg "War in Iraq", "War in Afghanistan", and "War on Terrorism", I would receive a benefit if I played a Topic card from my hand that had "WAR" written on the right hand side of the "Special Feature" panel in the bottom half of the card with "Society" as it's heading. The benefit is situated on the left hand side of the same panel.
For example, if I played "Anti-War Protests", I would receive 2 red points for each "WAR" card on the table, (including from previous rounds, NOT seasons), and all players with such a card in front of them, including myself, would lose 2 black points for each such card in play.
The "$" cards work the same way.
The "Weapons Manufacturer" card would score you black points for "WAR" cards, and could be used for scoring bonus points/cards if you played such a "$" Topic card, as it has the "$" symbol at the bottom right corner.

Hope that helps.

PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.