Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked this game up yesterday from a board game flea market for $20. It's complete and in great condition. However, it's the first edition with the wooden bits versus cardboard. Under normal circumstances, I'd consider this an awesome bonus. However, I also picked up Leaders which has the cardboard 6 value coins. My OCD has kicked in.

Anyone have some for sale or trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Peters
United States
Saint Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the wooden ones considered more valuable or something? Under normal circumstances, I'd think so and I'd keep them. But gamer OCD requires I have consistent coinage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never heard of this, can you please post a picture? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ibarker3 wrote:
I've never heard of this, can you please post a picture? Thanks!

I can try later. They are gold painted and silver painted wooden discs. The gold ones are probably twice as wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wooden coins are much more easier to use. I've played with both kinds of coins and wooden ones are much better in my opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do like the wooden coins. I just think they look a bit weird when combined with the cardboard 6 value coins.

Here's a pic of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Menezes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don´t usually play with 7 players, I´d say to keep those horrible cardboard sixes in the box and play with the wooden coins.

I play with leaders and cities (most often with 3 to 5 players) and there are always enough wooden coins for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
egamar wrote:
You might be better just buying some wooden replacements for your "6" coins.

That is what I did. Just picked up some larger disc's from Michael's (maybe it was Hobby Lobby) and painted them gold (or maybe it was a bronze-y color...either way, a different metallic color)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may just play with just the wooden coins for a handful of games and see how often I run out of those. If I'm only occasionally having to break out the cardboard ones, I think I could live with that. No matter the solution, my gamer OCD is going to be bugging me. I might as well just save some money and deal with what I have. And maybe use that money to get some sleeves, if I can find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Burke
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
Part Owner, Gen Con Games Library
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it humorous that the OP says "I want to trade away my wooden coins" and at least three people have replied "no, you don't." Um, yes, I think that he does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jburke98 wrote:
I find it humorous that the OP says "I want to trade away my wooden coins" and at least three people have replied "no, you don't." Um, yes, I think that he does.

I don't really think even one person said that...what has been said is more like "you have other options". Which I think is quite useful given that the OP stated he normally would prefer the wooden coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig the fallen
United States
flag msg tools
Keen to the scent -- the hunt is my muse. A means to an end, this path that I choose
badge
Lost and aloof are the loves of my past -- Wake the White Wolf! Remembrance At Last (by Miracle of Sound)
mbmbmbmbmb
The replies are pretty explicit -- suggesting to play with wooden coins instead of trading them.

However, it sounds like the only reason he wants to play cardboard coins is so the set is all the same -- meaning the suggestion to simply get wooden 6 coins is just as valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.