Subject: Playtest: Dynasty of Shenzhou PBF #1 (Discussion) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First PBF playtest for Dynasty of Shenzhou! Expect things to go wrong, because they very well might. Any and all feedback is appreciated. We will begin possibly Tuesday unless we fill up before then. If we get 4 or 5 players pretty quickly, I will probably start earlier instead of waiting for a 6th.

Players:
* 4-6
- Montag451
- charlier64
- GilgaTex
- SirWashington
- MikeS8i2

Pace:
* Normal

Player cards:
* Dynasty of Shenzhou
* Draw 1 and keep it.

Market Decks:
* Base + small box.

Main Variant:
* Dynasty of Shenzhou

Pertinent Links/Information:
* Basic House Rules will be in effect.
* Script commands can be found here.
* Runebound rules can be found here.
* Dynasty of Shenzhou rules (v1.1) and files can be found here.
* Dynasty of Shenzhou main thread is here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie reif
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Playtest: Dynasty of Shenzhou PBF #1
I would like to play. I have only 4-5 PBF games under my belt, so if others show up with more exp, I have no problem waiting til game 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Playtest: Dynasty of Shenzhou PBF #1
I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Charlie, first come first served. cool No reason to give up your spot unless you fear you can't handle the commands. But with 4-5 games, that shouldn't be a prob, and we're all new to the new commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
we're all new to the new commands.
There aren't any new commands yet. I'm writing up a post with some additional info, but basically, a lot of things will need to be tracked manually. So, as long as you're familiar with player notes, you should be okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh right, no new commands. i'm even new to that. Anyway, we're all new to the new gameplay, which i'm sure i will screw up badly.

I think you should save a spot for Mike S, as he clearly indicated he was going to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor issues:
Out of date v1.0 materials were used. Not a big deal for the most part, just missing pictures for most of the tokens, and nothing seems to have the correct back, but there was a very minor change to the map, a yellow starburst was moved: the one just south west of Xinyu. The starburst was moved to the yellow south west of Temple of Earth. The gear/blessing tokens you'll just have to be sure to read since you can't tell them apart at a glance. No real issues, it should all work fine. Carey can get the v1.1 files and update whenever convenient.

The market and command for Luoyang has a typo (says Louyang). Not a big deal, just be sure to use the market spelling, not the map spelling.

Commands and notes:
As per usual, towns with two-word names are just condensed to one word, so Zijin Cheng would be to discard them when used.

Goes without saying, but this will be everyone's first game, and first playing it in PBF. Be as familiar with the rules as you can; it will take time to get it all down nice and smooth. Don't worry about mistakes, we'll probably all make some.

I'll also post a terrain key in here for anyone who needs it. But there is a key in the rules as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Minor issues:
Out of date v1.0 materials were used. Not a big deal for the most part, just missing pictures for most of the tokens, and nothing seems to have the correct back, but there was a very minor change to the map, a yellow starburst was moved: the one just south west of Xinyu. The starburst was moved to the yellow south west of Temple of Earth. The gear/blessing tokens you'll just have to be sure to read since you can't tell them apart at a glance. No real issues, it should all work fine. Carey can get the v1.1 files and update whenever convenient.

For some reason I completely missed that. I'll update it when I get a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I'm in, Worked today so wasn't online this afternoon.

PS: Thanks Sir Wash for having my back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there's already 5, I'll probably start the game tomorrow morning, with or without a 6th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie reif
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read through the Dynasty rules, great job Mr King!

I like the new ideas that were added. I am hoping we all get to siege another factions town and craft a master item or two. I also like the idea of taking prisoners and eventually being able to turn them for exp and gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie reif
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:
There aren't any new commands yet. I'm writing up a post with some additional info, but basically, a lot of things will need to be tracked manually. So, as long as you're familiar with player notes, you should be okay.

Thomas, I'm not sure what is meant by the 'familiar with player notes, you should be okay'

Is it keeping track of certain items/resources/factions outside of the PBF? Or just making sure you are tracking them properly in the PBF? or the discussion forum?

Sorry to ask, I just want to make sure I'm helping keep things correct for the playtest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlier64 wrote:
Montag451 wrote:
SirWashington wrote:

Thomas, I'm not sure what is meant by the 'familiar with player notes, you should be okay'

Is it keeping track of certain items/resources/factions outside of the PBF? Or just making sure you are tracking them properly in the PBF? or the discussion forum?

Sorry to ask, I just want to make sure I'm helping keep things correct for the playtest.

I'm referring to the player note command (I don't think player note or player tag have an actual listing in the command page, though), though I found a better way to track resources. Any additional commands will be listed in here for now, so if you're ever confused on how to do resources or set your faction, just check back in here

charlier64 wrote:
I read through the Dynasty rules, great job Mr King!

Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Busy morning. The game should start ~1:00pm EST after a brief setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game thread is up:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1069315/playtest-dynasty-of-...

A technical issue will delay us a bit, but go ahead and subscribe to the game so you are notified when it's ready.

edit: Game is ready. Remember, draw 1 hero, keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
Honor his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xiansha, is ready, should I wait for the others to setup their heroes before doing my turn?

Just to clarify your have to start your turn on a resource space you intend to gather resources from. You can't move to one and spend remaining move dice of the appropriate type to gather them?

Looking forward to the game, the only thing missing is the new game smell and the fun of punching out all the pieces!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeS8i2 wrote:
Xiansha, is ready, should I wait for the others to setup their heroes before doing my turn?

Go ahead and take your turn.

MikeS8i2 wrote:

Just to clarify your have to start your turn on a resource space you intend to gather resources from. You can't move to one and spend remaining move dice of the appropriate type to gather them?

Exactly. You gather before moving or resting.

MikeS8i2 wrote:
Looking forward to the game, the only thing missing is the new game smell and the fun of punching out all the pieces!

And this expansion would have many tokens to punch! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should have just used the idol to reroll that first melee, but oh well. Don't follow my lead! Remember to use your gear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it is your game, and you did design all the cards, so i don't want to tell you how to play it and what the cards say ... but your challenge's reward seems to say 2g OR 1 resource, not AND.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
it is your game, and you did design all the cards, so i don't want to tell you how to play it and what the cards say ... but your challenge's reward seems to say 2g OR 1 resource, not AND.

*quickly re-writes card*
No, clearly it says "AND"!
whistle

Also, you cannot begin the game in Zijin Cheng or Weifang (part 13 of setup rules).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeS8i2 wrote:

BTW the Map Terrain Key isn't showing up, is that a glitch?

Isn't one yet, haven't had time to make it. But there is a terrain guide in the rules you can use for the time being.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to turn your prisoners facedown (hide command). Not a big deal right now, but as you collect other rewards, it helps keeps things organized. Attaching them to your hero is optional, but it helps cut down on card clutter if you end up with a lot of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stack
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
MikeS8i2 wrote:

BTW the Map Terrain Key isn't showing up, is that a glitch?

Isn't one yet, haven't had time to make it. But there is a terrain guide in the rules you can use for the time being.

I'm way too lazy to actually read the rules. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm think going to withdraw from the game. I am really sorry, but I think you'll just be constantly waiting for me if I stay in. It should go much faster without me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
I'm think going to withdraw from the game. I am really sorry, but I think you'll just be constantly waiting for me if I stay in. It should go much faster without me.

Aw

Hope you can play again soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.