Subject: Sleeving the cards?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I would like to sleeve the cards included in the game.

It seems that the 70x70 sleeves from Mayday are the right ones. But they don't produce them in the premium quality. So I'm thinking about using the ones from Ultra Pro. But they measure only 69x69.

So I would like to know if I can use the sleeves for Mayday and if someone uses the sleeves from Ultra Pro and can tell me if they fit (even if they are 1mm shorter then the sleeves from Mayday)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not tried the Ultra Pro, but I can confirm that they do fit perfectly in the Fantasy Flight Supply 70 x 70 sleeves. Those are my preferred square sleeves. I just ordered 100 of those (along with a set of Fantasy Flight tarot card sleeves that I will cut down to sleeve the starting baselands).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved the game with the cards from "Among the stars". Can be bought in the Artipia Games shop. They fit perfectly...but it`s also not the "premium quality"....but since the material of the game is not too thin -in my point of view- they`re perfect for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks again for the info, Ben!

Espacially for the hint to use the tarot cards to sleeve the baselands! thumbsup

Edit: Wanna also thank you for the tip, Mario...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the fantasy flight square sleeves and they fit perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:

not to thick to patch 2 or 3 cards ?
did you play a whole game with them ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

Seems that Mario has not that 'problem' because he used some thin sleeves but it would be really nice if Ben would tell us a little bit about playing with the premium sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
larryjrice wrote:

I have played five games with the fantasy flight sleeves and they have worked well...not too thick at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
I have played five games with the fantasy flight sleeves and they have worked well...not too thick at all.

Thanks, Larry. I didn't play a full game with them because I didn't have enough sleeves around to do them all. But I tried patching 3 tiles together and I thought it worked very well (it was actually easier to patch under with the sleeves).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Stepper
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am using the Ultra Pro Sleeves and those fit like they were made for it. Perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.