Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in Troyes, there is no tie breaker. Which I really like, cause I think tie-breakers are stupid :p shared victories are way nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Hernandez
Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love shared victories, too!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico D
Belgium
Sint-Pieters-Leeuw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No way, I really like to be the one and only victorious player wow
Only that doesn't happen a lot angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Korpelainen
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already posted my house-rule suggestion on another thread asking the same thing, but I repeat it below. Please give your opinions.

I would house rule that the tie is broken by the following, in order:

1) number of exhibition tokens a player has, with a later year taking precedence over an earlier year.

2) total monetary market worth (defined by the final state of the market grid) of all of the artworks in possession

3) number of buildings constructed

4) number of assistants not residing in the courthouse

5) number of noble materials in possession

6) amount of money in possession.

If there is still a tie, the score is shared.

The idea behind this tie-breaking scheme is that (in harmony with the theme) we favor the most renowned/famous benefactor of 'art nouveau'. Having won many exhibitions, especially recent ones, will be valued and prominent in the news. Having the most valuable collection is also appreciated by connoisseurs, whereas having many assistants talking to the police is somewhat frowned upon (but not too much, since only the nosiest reporters will have the latest scoop).

Since buildings are considered OP by some, I don't want to give it the very highest precedence in my tie-breaking scheme. But thematically, having constructed many buildings is visible to everyone on the streets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually like it when a game is THAT close... that a tie-breaker scenario is needed to decide the winner! Sometimes there are games that are still tied even after this (I'm very good with that, and THOSE tied games are very sweet because it's so rare when that happens.

A tie without at least one tie-break condition can sometimes feel a little anti-climactic for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.