Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love to draft while playin' Agricola (being a Magic Player), Caverna is really triggering my interests but I think that "deck expansions" are the one way to feel something "new" sometimes. By the way I'm pretty sure Caverna has significant game improvement than Agricola...I just wanted cards also here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
While we're wishing for things Caverna is not---- I really like train games, so if future expansions could incorporate track laying and shares of some sort, I'd appreciate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
While we're wishing for things Caverna is not---- I really like train games, so if future expansions could incorporate track laying and shares of some sort, I'd appreciate that.

Not really entirely fair (although I'd love to see both track laying (mine carts?…) and shares (The Gnomes of Zavandor manages it with an identical theme!)

I also miss the cards in Caverna. It is VERY similar to Agricola in so many ways that the differences really stand out as notably absent.

I think if you enjoy the card-drafting in Agricola, just play both games and enjoy them for what they are.

Personally, I hope some new tile-expansions arrive at some point, with rules for a more random selection in each game, just to keep variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dalesandry
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam78 wrote:

Not really entirely fair :D (although I'd love to see both track laying (mine carts?…) and shares (The Gnomes of Zavandor manages it with an identical theme!)

I also miss the cards in Caverna. It is VERY similar to Agricola in so many ways that the differences really stand out as notably absent.

I think if you enjoy the card-drafting in Agricola, just play both games and enjoy them for what they are.

Personally, I hope some new tile-expansions arrive at some point, with rules for a more random selection in each game, just to keep variety.

Based on what we've seen with Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small, I'm fairly confident that Uwe will take the same direction here. I'm also excited for a whole bunch of random buildings. For me, it'll mean the long term replayability that I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a Magic player I am happy that there are NO cards in Caverna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmph! "Modern-Day Robin Hood." What am I supposed to do? Steal from myself and give to the poor?
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:

I have to agree with this. I have too many cards! The tiles are refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon George
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:

'Mine Cart' 2 stone 1 Ruby, 2GPs, +1 Ore when you take the 'Ore mining' action.

'Stone Speculator' 3 wood, *pts, 1GP per 2 stone your opponents have when scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

At 3.5kg, I don't think this game needs more anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Needs more"? No. But "gets more" - that's a different question.

I'd lay odds on there being an expansion next October adding another three or four sheets of rooms, with perhaps multiples of some of the current rooms alongside a raft of new rooms. Plus new cardboard displays to put them on. Retailing for €25-30. "Caverna: More Rooms". And you'll need to use imagination to put everything in the base game box and still get the lid on.

However, I doubt that there will be a second expansion - "Caverna: Even More Rooms" - if only because you'll not be able to get everything into the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:

Tnx for mocking me around...

I just wanted to know if mine it's common feeling wich by the way it is not. Glad to know, pretty sure I'll love Caverna even card-free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Cannone
Italy
Cerignola
Foggia
flag msg tools
Oh yeah!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:

You are so right about cards everywhere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.