Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
43 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: Make sure to e-mail FFG Customer Support about how much you loved the Plugged-In Tour! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Keggy via Cardgamedb wrote:
Damon is playing his last challenge deck game, Mark has already put up his stuff, so I don't bother asking for a game. We get to talking about various things, like the "passionate response" from the internet about the places not receiving plugged in events. Mark responds that FFG has learned to never make major announcements before a three day weekend. We ask if there can be a tour next year, and he says its not likely. The negative response was FAR louder than the positive, even Damon stops his game to pipe in on how unlikely another tour will be. We ask how we can let FFG know that we enjoyed the thing, and they tell us to send in emails to customer service letting them know that we had a great time and want it to happen again

Every single person I talked to at both of the PiT events I attended seemed ecstatic to just be there, talking about and playing the game they love with the creators and fellow enthusiasts.

When reading Keggy's Austin Tournament Report, I noticed this bit, which made me super sad.

I can't tell if the designers were just being salty, or if customer support decided the bad publicity outweighed the good, and this was the official response they had drafted.

Either way, I just wanted to remind everyone that attending an event (or multiple events) and showing ffg you love the game is one thing, but convincing customer support it was worth it is a whole different thing. I haven't drafted up a fancy letter, but if someone posts a good one I'll edit it into this post.

Thank your FFG overlords, lest the never rain blessings upon us again! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
OddCrow19 wrote:
Damon is playing his last challenge deck game, Mark has already put up his stuff, so I don't bother asking for a game. We get to talking about various things, like the "passionate response" from the internet about the places not receiving plugged in events. Mark responds that FFG has learned to never make major announcements before a three day weekend. We ask if there can be a tour next year, and he says its not likely. The negative response was FAR louder than the positive, even Damon stops his game to pipe in on how unlikely another tour will be. We ask how we can let FFG know that we enjoyed the thing, and they tell us to send in emails to customer service letting them know that we had a great time and want it to happen again

This is why we can't have nice things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I shocked to hear that FFG believes that there was more negative feedback that positive. The stop I played at had 84 attendees, all of which were awesome people, ecstatic, and when the top 8 were announced all in attendance clapped or cheered for the winners.

Edit: Positive feedback sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait...why was there negative feedback? Initially it was because it was US-only, but they fixed that, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I find this hard to believe too. I went to two Plugged Ins and everyone had a GREAT time.

Click here to email FFG User Support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
Wait...why was there negative feedback? Initially it was because it was US-only, but they fixed that, right?

Initially it was US & Toronto only, and they added 3 more locations. There was lots of hateful feedback from parts of the US they misssed and from Europe in general. Several people running ADN-related websites deactivated them "in protest". I think if the player attitude in the Cronos Tour is more positive, FFG will revisit the idea, but the reality is that there will always be areas and groups that are left out and areas and groups that are too big to *not* visit, and that will still stick in some people's craw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent mine... great idea.

Hello there. I just wanted to drop in and say how much my friends and I appreciated the Plugged in Tournament that FFG put on. We traveled from Fresno to make both events in Northern California, and we had a blast. Both Ian and Eric were fantastic reps, and we can't express our gratitude enough. Personally, I wouldn't expect something like this yearly, because I can imagine how much it costs, but we really hope that FFG will put on more events like this in the future.

Thanks again.

--Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's pretty stunning actually. I imagine something like PiT will be essential to getting Draft up and running. Anyway I absolutely loved it (San Mateo here) and will let them know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hager
United States
Leesburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. I'd recommend sending it to public relations, to any who are uncertain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah the always classic, 'The response is exactly whatever we need it to be to justify our decisions'. Wasn't it Damon Stone who said Fuck the forums?

When planning out this tour they would have had goals for participation, sales, and so on. They either met those or they didn't. They are pretending to be incredibly naive if they then turn around and say 'Wow the negative response from the 99.99% of people we didn't serve is so much more important to our decision than the response and goals met from the .01% we did serve.'

I thought it was a good idea, but I was amongst the 99.99 who couldn't attend, so apparently I'm justification for not doing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Ah the always classic, 'The response is exactly whatever we need it to be to justify our decisions'. Wasn't it Damon Stone who said Fuck the forums?

When planning out this tour they would have had goals for participation, sales, and so on. They either met those or they didn't. They are pretending to be incredibly naive if they then turn around and say 'Wow the negative response from the 99.99% of people we didn't serve is so much more important to our decision than the response and goals met from the .01% we did serve.'

I thought it was a good idea, but I was amongst the 99.99 who couldn't attend, so apparently I'm justification for not doing it again.

Actually, I'd guess that closer to 25-30% of the american anr players got to go to a PiT or were relatively close to one.

The negativity was the reason, not the lack of attendance. In fact, many places were over what they expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine, for anyone living overseas to use as inspiration:
Quote:

I live in Australia, so I didn't get a chance to go to the Android:Netrunner Plugged-In Tour. However, you can bet your bottom dollar that I was following the report of every event with great interest.

Near as I can tell, everyone who went to a PiT event had an absolute blast. That sort of event is really healthy for the game - particularly the introduction games for new players. I'm seriously looking forward to the Chronos Protocol Tour and I hope you guys run more tours like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Positive feedback sent!

"Dear FFG-

I am writing to express my thanks and support for the recently concluded Plugged-In Tour.

Simply put: it was awesome!

This is the first CG I've competitively played and I absolutely loved it. The Plugged-In tour was the perfect vehicle for me to experience the competitive environment and connect more deeply with the ANR game and community.

I had fun in the tournament, talking to players, playing the challenge decks, and meeting everyone involved, especially Lukas and Stuart.

I would absolutely sign up right this second for a similar event and I hope FFG continues to run events and engage directly with the player community.

I loved it!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems sort of insane that they consider "I am mad I didn't get to go to one" negative feedback. It seems like they should consider the logistics of bringing plugged-in to Europe in addition to NA rather than simply never doing it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OddCrow19 wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:

Actually, I'd guess that closer to 25-30% of the american anr players got to go to a PiT or were relatively close to one.

I'm not in the US. I was speaking from a global view.

Quote:
The negativity was the reason, not the lack of attendance. In fact, many places were over what they expected.

Call me a cynic, but my point was 'People who couldn't attend were unhappy they couldn't attend' seems like strange reason to say the Tour didn't meet whatever expectations were set and not do it again. Especially after announcing the Chronos Tour. I hope they go on to do many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mediohxcore wrote:
Seems sort of insane that they consider "I am mad I didn't get to go to one" negative feedback.

I see that you're new to BGG - I'd recommend going back to some of the threads about the tour in the weeks after it was first announced.

The feedback was not merely negative, it was vitriolic and petty to an absurd degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Europeans for ruining this for all of us

EDIT: even though I was unable to attend any plugged-in tour, I sent FFG an email just now to express what an amazingly positive impact it had on the community to bring the devs and the players together, and I adored reading all the session reports and publicity around it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ber -
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As an Aussie, I was both excited and disappointed when Plugged In tour was announced. Disappointment was completely gone when Chronos Protocol was announced shortly after.

I have sent some positive feedback to FFG just now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Baker
United States
CEDAR PARK
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:

I thought it was a good idea, but I was among the 99.99 who couldn't attend, so apparently I'm justification for not doing it again.

I appreciate your cynicism. I also agree with you. Everyone knows that the internet is to be listened to but tempered GREATLY. Giving too much power to forums is a bad road to tread, and I expect FFG knows this. I was embarrassed at the temper tantrum Europe threw when the Plugged in tour was announced, and I had a theory that they didn't have the Chronos tour planned out but someone scrambled and said "eh, we could maybe do it!" so to appease the "The Internet" they put some balm on the perceived burn.

But this could just be expensive. They sent their guys out across the country to free events at stores where they gave away lots of nice prizes. Lets remember, the game is young. This could be the opportunity to set up 2 tournament series (one for the states, one for Europe. Sorry Aussies.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mediohxcore wrote:
Seems sort of insane that they consider "I am mad I didn't get to go to one" negative feedback. It seems like they should consider the logistics of bringing plugged-in to Europe in addition to NA rather than simply never doing it again.

Exactly! Wouldn't this be reason to do more next time, and not less. Doesn't not doing it at all just make everyone sad?

I would like to be in Disney Land right now, but I don't hate that some people get to go today and I don't...

Though, the whole "websites getting shut down in protest," thing seems to indicate that, indeed, many players left the game or whatnot due to not being able to go to one of these. Why spite other people's fun because you don't get to have it? That just seems very juvenile. I actually did have one near me, but I had more important things to do (namely, getting used to a new job and two good friends having babies right around that time). Too bad... but I don't spite others who did go.

Sorry if I sound judgie... but this just upsets me a bit that some would be so spiteful of the good fortune of others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ber -
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
takitron wrote:
This could be the opportunity to set up 2 tournament series (one for the states, one for Europe. Sorry Aussies.)

We'll deal somehow. Tycho, on his experience talking to us at PAX Aus:
' The overriding impression I got from the attending throng is that [Aussies are] so used to being passed over that they expect it by now. It’s the default. I had more than a hundred conversations that culminated in a variant of, “So, do you think you’ll be back?” This even happened with the new Enforcers, who destroyed themselves to give Australia its own show. Do you think you’ll be back? They seemed to think I might be scared away by the rain, or the cold. I had to remind them that I’m from Seattle. I need rain; it’s how I keep my scales so moist.'
http://penny-arcade.com/2013/07/22

In other news, I'm planning to go to PAX Aus next year and bring my Netrunner cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Baker
United States
CEDAR PARK
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berr wrote:
takitron wrote:
This could be the opportunity to set up 2 tournament series (one for the states, one for Europe. Sorry Aussies.)

We'll deal somehow. Tycho, on his experience talking to us at PAX Aus:
' The overriding impression I got from the attending throng is that [Aussies are] so used to being passed over that they expect it by now. It’s the default. I had more than a hundred conversations that culminated in a variant of, “So, do you think you’ll be back?” This even happened with the new Enforcers, who destroyed themselves to give Australia its own show. Do you think you’ll be back? They seemed to think I might be scared away by the rain, or the cold. I had to remind them that I’m from Seattle. I need rain; it’s how I keep my scales so moist.'
http://penny-arcade.com/2013/07/22

In other news, I'm planning to go to PAX Aus next year and bring my Netrunner cards

Yeah, I come from the Warmachine and Hordes community, and the people down under just run their own huge events and not care much for the way others do it. It would be a good idea to get something going at PAX Aus... Good luck to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks EU... and others that even shut down websites because of the "outrage" over no EU "support"... (Which came several days later)

Thank you so much. Guess we need to clean up your mess. I loved this tour and expect them to do it again. I'll email them too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding the Fantasy Flight Plugged-in Tour:

Sometimes, people complain about the stupidest things. I live in Detroit, and due to limited transportation I was unable to make it to the Chicago or any other locations. However, let me say this:

I LOVED THE PLUGGED-IN TOUR

Even though I didn't go, I got to read tons of great tournament reports from those who did. I hang around the online forums a ton, and this made my forum-reading 10000x better for a few months. I loved seeing the new spoiled cards, and loved hearing stories about the designers taking on the players. It actually solidified my faith in the game enough to buy 2x cores and each data pack for my brother for his Birthday/Christmas present, because I know the game is in good hands. Lukas has great vision for design, Damon is 100% awesome even though he says things that make stupid people angry, and the tournament support from FFG makes me love the company. If there is another one, I will find a way to get to it, even if I have to rent a bicycle.

tl;dr Plugged-in tour was awesome, !@#$ MAGIC, A:NR FOREVER
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
OddCrow19 wrote:

Every single person I talked to at both of the PiT events I attended seemed ecstatic to just be there, talking about and playing the game they love with the creators and fellow enthusiasts.

When reading Keggy's Austin Tournament Report, I noticed this bit, which made me super sad.

I can't tell if the designers were just being salty, or if customer support decided the bad publicity outweighed the good, and this was the official response they had drafted.

Either way, I just wanted to remind everyone that attending an event (or multiple events) and showing ffg you love the game is one thing, but convincing customer support it was worth it is a whole different thing. I haven't drafted up a fancy letter, but if someone posts a good one I'll edit it into this post.

Thank your FFG overlords, lest the never rain blessings upon us again! laugh

Good. If they aren't going to have more widespread event locations I am glad they WON'T do anything. Screw this bullshit of making them extremely hard to get too if you have anything resembling an adult life with responsibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.