Subject: Strategic HQ (Stavka) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raoul Netherlands
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Emanuele or other BITE players,

Just a quick question of the Russian HQ and the text interpretation. During the hard Russian winter December 1941 to March 1942 this can determine the Russian or Germans winning the game.

• Move 1 armor unit as if it is in full supply.
• Move 1 air unit as if it is in full supply.
• Move 1 unsupplied unit as in full supply.
• Make 1 free SRMt (7.4).

1) Should I read this as a move and full supply attack?
2) Is it read that the unit moves and are in supply (white barrel is discarded) or only the move and if the unit is still out of supply during the final supply phase the unit has to surrender.
3) If i choose to use the 1st and 3rd point does that make it possible to put 2 armor in full supply and attack or is it 1 armor and 1 other unit (HQ, infantry or artillery)?

Thanks,

Raoul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Raoul,

sorry for the late answer, have had a long playing Sunday with friends at BITW.

About your questions:

1) Should I read this as a move and full supply attack?
YES
2) Is it read that the unit moves and are in supply (white barrel is discarded) or only the move and if the unit is still out of supply during the final supply phase the unit has to surrender. Keep the white barrel and use the Air Units to move and attack, but this is tricky... At the end of the combat, the AIR UNIT still has his WHITE BARREL ON and must rebase in a supplied airbase...
3) If i choose to use the 1st and 3rd point does that make it possible to put 2 armor in full supply and attack or is it 1 armor and 1 other unit (HQ, infantry or artillery)? The second option is the right one. The FHQ can never make an action twice (of the same type)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raoul Netherlands
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Emanuele for your fast reply.

This makes sense.

Raoul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Emanuele,

Could I ask a follow up to the above:

So I have a number of units in a pocket, amongst others 2 tank and a bunch of other units.
Do I interpret this correctly that the supreme HQ can activate 1 armour unit as if in supply using the " move 1 armour unit as if in supply", but the second unit using the generic "move 1 unsupplied unit" cannot be armour/tank?

And for these units, is the white barrel discarded, or just ignored? So, the units are used for a breakout, but they fail. Are they now back in the pocket with or without a white barrel?

And in such a breakout combat, say after the first round of combat the attackers (read: the breaking out units), declare a retreat. Do they have to retreat back into the pocket, or can they retreat out the other end of the combat hex, and leave the pocket that way?

Many thanks,

Henrik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Henrik,

this is actually the only point in the rules I feel not clear enough.

I see that you hit the centre and interpreted it correctly, so would you like to help me in definitively clear this sentence:

The actions may be chosen from the ones below, but no more than 1 action of each type may be performed per activation:

• Move 1 armor as if it is in full supply.
• Move 1 air unit as if it is in full supply.
• Move 1 unsupplied non armor unit as in full supply, or an armor unit as if it is in limited supply.
• Make 1 free SRM (7.4).
• Make 1 naval movement (OR 18.0).
• Launch 1 airborne assault (OR 23.0).
• Put 1 GU in Reserve (Motorization 31.0)

What do you think?

ALL THE BEST

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Emanuele,

Thank you for the speedy response. Yes, your suggestion
I think makes it clearer.

Just another little follow up for my understanding:
Say STAVKA or any other national supreme HQ is at 4 steps. If activated, it could pick 4 actions from the list, as long as none are picked twice. Schafer so good.

Can I now in the same phase simply activate the HQ again, thus flipping it down from the now 3step stage to 2, and hence again picking 3 from the list. And if yes, can these now be duplicates from the above, and be the same as when I activated the HQ the first time round (when it got down from 4 to 3 steps)?

In other words, can each item on the list be only picked once per turn, or once for each step reduction of the HQ, and then therefore several times per turn, as long as the HQ has steps to be reduced to?

Many thanks, best wishes,

Henrik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ULTIMO wrote:
Hello Henrik,
this is actually the only point in the rules I feel not clear enough.

Consider it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all.

Stavka and other Startegic leader may be activated at the beginning of the SRM Phase and deactivated at the end of the Movement Phase.

Then some may be activated again in other phases, but never a double activation is possible in the same phase.

The only exception is for the LUFTWAFFE SUPREMACY optional rule, when Barnraossa is launched.

Does it help?

ATB

emanuele

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, great, yes, that makes it clear.

Many thanks,

Henrik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.