Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook:
Quote:
Fields with animals in. Although animals may not be moved into a field that contains another type of animal (unless the player owns boat 5a), it is possible that animals may find themselves in the same field as another type of animal if their separate fields become connected.

1. Say that I have sheep and cows in a field, because I connected different fields in the course of the game. Of course I can't move a pig in that field, but can I later move other sheep or cows in that field or does this go against the movement rules?

Quote:
Hillside. For every tile that the field on the hillside tile extends to the owner gets 1 point.

2. Does the Hillside tile itself count for the scoring, or only the tiles that connect to its field?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 1, I'd say you can't as which ever you chose to move into it there would be an animal of another type already there.

I'm not that sure why you'd want to anyway, as they wouldn't be able to breed (the rulebook says the presence of another animal type stops them breeding - they're obviously shy) and for most scoring purposes it wouldn't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
For 1, I'd say you can't as which ever you chose to move into it there would be an animal of another type already there.

I'm not that sure why you'd want to anyway, as they wouldn't be able to breed (the rulebook says the presence of another animal type stops them breeding - they're obviously shy) and for most scoring purposes it wouldn't help.
It would make sense if there was only a single sheep in a field with pigs, and the player wanted to move the sheep through to another field. If that player moves the sheep in the field with the pigs, then there is now only pigs. If the second sheep could be moved through the field, then that would mean both fields could have sheep scoring at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Team D20 wrote:
entwife wrote:

It would make sense if there was only a single sheep in a field with pigs, and the player wanted to move the sheep through to another field. If that player moves the sheep in the field with the pigs, then there is now only pigs. If the second sheep could be moved through the field, then that would mean both fields could have sheep scoring at the end of the game.

I'm not sure I quite follow the above example (apologies if I've misunderstood) but I wonder if you're confusing moving through a field, with ending a movement a field.

It's fine to move animals through a multi-animal type field - you just can't end there:

P3 "Animals may move through fields with different types of animals, but may not finish their movement there."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
Team D20 wrote:
entwife wrote:

I'm not sure I quite follow the above example (apologies if I've misunderstood) but I wonder if you're confusing moving through a field, with ending a movement a field.

It's fine to move animals through a multi-animal type field - you just can't end there:

P3 "Animals may move through fields with different types of animals, but may not finish their movement there."

Yes, I was confused on that. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
From the rulebook:
Quote:
Hillside. For every tile that the field on the hillside tile extends to the owner gets 1 point.

2. Does the Hillside tile itself count for the scoring, or only the tiles that connect to its field?

I came here to find an answer to that same question. The use of the word "extend" makes me wonder if the Hillside tile is included or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
After some searching I found Sebastian Bleasdale state (starting at 7:13 in the "Keyflower: The Farmers - BoardGameGeek Booth - Spiel 2013" video) that "you score one point for each tile which adds... is in this field which the Hillside's tile lives in." He seems to stumble in his wording by stating "adds" and then correcting himself to say "is in this field", but I think his intention is to include the Hillside tile in the scoring.

I also noticed that Richard Ham included the Hillside tile in his count for end of game scoring seen in his Rahdo Runs Through video for the expansion.

So, I'm going to surmise the tile is included in the scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bleasdale
United Kingdom
Windsor
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response - I'd missed the fact that your second question hadn't been answered. I can confirm that the Hillside tile does count itself for scoring.

I hope you continue to enjoy Keyflower.

Regards

Sebastian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.