Subject: another silly rules question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but if you have force ring or the like and a thoughtspore casts a spell, you don't discount it right?

Also if you summon from the lair, you dont get a discount from ring of beasts or anything right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cook
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, your discounts don't count towards the mana cost for familiars/spawnpoints to cast. However, with the Warlord's Garrison Post it still would count, since Garrison Post doesn't cast itself, simply provides another destination for the summon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In both of your examples, your assumption is correct. The discount for both Force Ring and Ring of Beasts only applies to spells cast by your Mage directly. They do not apply to spells cast by Familiars or Spawnpoints.

I would like to point out that we are not talking about a general rule or mechanic, but rather very specific spells and their effects. There is no rule that says "only spells cast by your mage can benefit from discounts." It is simply those two spells that say they only benefit your Mage himself. The Necromancer's Death Ring, however, discounts both spells that his Mage casts and spells that his Spawnpoint's casts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.