4 Posts

The Phantom League» Forums » General

Subject: Which expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Notmy Realname
msg tools
Hi,

I just picked up the Phantom League base game at my LGS on a whim as a gift before having a read on BGG. While it is great there is so much support on here, I'm concerned I'd have to lay out a lot more to get the true experience with both expansions. If I were to get just one - which?

Can I play with all of the replacements/extras from MH but use the recommnded/latest combat rules from PA/the combined rulebook? Or does that require PA?

It won't get opened until Christms, but I'm keen to get any supporting material (play sheets etc) printed before then.

Cheers,
Phyllion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyllion wrote:
Hi,

I just picked up the Phantom League base game at my LGS on a whim as a gift before having a read on BGG. While it is great there is so much support on here, I'm concerned I'd have to lay out a lot more to get the true experience with both expansions. If I were to get just one - which?

Can I play with all of the replacements/extras from MH but use the recommnded/latest combat rules from PA/the combined rulebook? Or does that require PA?

It won't get opened until Christms, but I'm keen to get any supporting material (play sheets etc) printed before then.

Cheers,
Phyllion

All the rules are available, as free print outs.
No matter which boxes you have, I'd always recommend
having the new COMBINED rulebook, that also incorporates
all relevant questions and FAQ we've seen here at BGG.

BUT, if you intend to play the new battle rules, it's going
to be tough without Pilot Academy that brings all the "standard battle cards".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notmy Realname
msg tools
Ah thanks Timo. So no latest battle version without PA. but reading the consolidated rules he system seems to be the same, just the cards are different with PA?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyllion wrote:
Ah thanks Timo. So no latest battle version without PA. but reading the consolidated rules he system seems to be the same, just the cards are different with PA?

I'd not call it a same system.

But yes, PA comes with a bunch of new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.