Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: New Stretch goals to $800K and a new class! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just updated some new stretch goals! Included is a new class, the Drifter! The other goals look cool: a variant saloon figure, an encounter pack and a new enemy the scourge rat. You get 12 scourge rats which is a lot of minis.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice but we are getting too much hero classes while certain otherworlds are really lacking in more monsters/encounters ie the cavern of cinders and trederra.
if otherworlds are to be "worlds" they need more content to be viable.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
Yea the new stuff looks nice

Hope we get there soon and even more cooler stuff gets added!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to agree with Angelus. A lot more variety in stretch game components would be much better. How many male/female 1 more movement but 1 less defence. Or +1 attack dice and the cost of 1 movement. Type character stat combinations do you really need for 1 game. Zombicide with expansions has tons of heroes, but everyone wants to be ned, and by the time you have had enough of ned the next big game /KS has come along anyway
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Been kind of stuck just under $700k for a while now...

-shnar
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I could do without the variant saloon girl.
I'd rather get a Caverns of Cynder monster instead.

The Drifter is cool though. I hope it gets unlocked.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your in lock they just added a new caverns of cynder monster and it looks sweet
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
An EU shipping kiss
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
your in lock they just added a new caverns of cynder monster and it looks sweet

I'm afraid he's not in luck. He wants Cynder monsters instead of variant hero stretch goals. What we've got is a paid add on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
your in lock they just added a new caverns of cynder monster and it looks sweet

I'm afraid he's not in luck. He wants Cynder monsters instead of variant hero stretch goals. What we've got is a paid add on.


I haven't checked in on this project for a while. It's going really well, so congratulations to all the backers.

For me, the stretch goals seem pretty boring. A set of male/female alternatives for heroes is a great idea. Myth did this, and I know my wife will appreciate it. However, SoB stretch goals all seem to be new heroes, alternative genders for heroes, or even just alternative sculpts. Not a lot there that is going to increase replayability.

I like miniatures, but I won't back a project just to get miniatures. This one is definitely going to be one I wait to purchase when it hits stores, as I am not convinced about the rules (the movement and loot cards fill me with dread), and I don't feel I would be missing out on anything by not having all the hero options.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
I could do without the variant saloon girl.


I disagree. Because if I'm going into a dark mine, I'd like to take two saloon girls with me.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
your in lock they just added a new caverns of cynder monster and it looks sweet

I'm afraid he's not in luck. He wants Cynder monsters instead of variant hero stretch goals. What we've got is a paid add on.

But I'm also OK with the paid add-on Succubi.
Even if this pushes me closer to caving in and upgrading to Minecart.

DrRednek wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
I could do without the variant saloon girl.


I disagree. Because if I'm going into a dark mine, I'd like to take two saloon girls with me.

If you look at it this way...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate it when the mouth I've put words into disagrees with me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erin strickland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This keeps getting better and better!

Definitely one f the most exciting kickstarters i've seen in recent times... (if not ever).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRednek wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
I could do without the variant saloon girl.


I disagree. Because if I'm going into a dark mine, I'd like to take two saloon girls with me.


Those two, the Female Gambler and the Female Bandit suggest to me a Tarts hunt Succubi mission.

As to Stretch goal breakdown it's generally in blocks of 4: 1 Monster, 1 game play expansion [Deck, Town or Otherworld], 1 Variant Hero figure and another Hero thing(Variant Figure, Hero Class or Ally).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
your in lock they just added a new caverns of cynder monster and it looks sweet

I'm afraid he's not in luck. He wants Cynder monsters instead of variant hero stretch goals. What we've got is a paid add on.


i stand by what i said. he was asking for more monsters for cynder. the succubi are added as a monster for cynder. he didnt specify stretch goals as opposed to add ons. its not my fault if he isnt on mine cart.

i do agree they need to come out with more monsters. we have enough hero classes. (i believe 16 last i checked)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
[q="Terah"]However, SoB stretch goals all seem to be new heroes, alternative genders for heroes, or even just alternative sculpts.


We have 12 variant mini's.
3 New Hero class' (mini, cards, tokens)
6 card packs
8 enemy packs (some are single mini's, others are a set of mini's, cards, rules)
1 Otherworld
1 extra set of map tiles
1 Town map set
1 set of terrain mini's
2 Ally mini's


I think your selling the Stretch Goals short with your statement.

Jorune



2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
[q="Terah"]However, SoB stretch goals all seem to be new heroes, alternative genders for heroes, or even just alternative sculpts.


We have 12 variant mini's.
3 New Hero class' (mini, cards, tokens)
6 card packs
8 enemy packs (some are single mini's, others are a set of mini's, cards, rules)
1 Otherworld
1 extra set of map tiles
1 Town map set
1 set of terrain mini's
2 Ally mini's


I think your selling the Stretch Goals short with your statement.

Jorune



Yeah, I looked through the stretch goals unlocked. And like I said, for those people who are interested, congratulations.

For me, the variant characters are nothing.

For all I know, all the hero classes will play similarly. It all depends how much skill specialisation there will be. But anyway, in my group of three players, I really don't need 11 characters to pick from, especially as, once you have made your selection, you will stick with that character throughout the campaign.

The new world seems to be a rather uninspiring volcano land, which seems like a poor effort compared to the very cool concepts for the first two worlds.

I am interested in the game, I just don't see any reason for me to back the kickstarter. If I want to, I will test the water with a single box purchase next year, and I don't feel I will have missed out on anything significant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:



Yeah, I looked through the stretch goals unlocked. And like I said, for those people who are interested, congratulations.

For me, the variant characters are nothing.

For all I know, all the hero classes will play similarly. It all depends how much skill specialisation there will be. But anyway, in my group of three players, I really don't need 11 characters to pick from, especially as, once you have made your selection, you will stick with that character throughout the campaign.

The new world seems to be a rather uninspiring volcano land, which seems like a poor effort compared to the very cool concepts for the first two worlds.

I am interested in the game, I just don't see any reason for me to back the kickstarter. If I want to, I will test the water with a single box purchase next year, and I don't feel I will have missed out on anything significant.


Your reasons are all well and good. I was just specifically referencing your statement that
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
However, SoB stretch goals all seem to be new heroes, alternative genders for heroes, or even just alternative sculpts.]
; when that clearly isn't the case. If you want to say half, that's fine. But not all.

Jorune

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
we are getting too much hero classes while certain otherworlds are really lacking in more monsters/encounters ie the cavern of cinders and trederra.
if otherworlds are to be "worlds" they need more content to be viable.


There is pretty much nothing correct about this statement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.