Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: What are skill counters for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Weinfurther
United States
West Bloomfield
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine that they are for indicating selected skills on the survivor cards, since they would slide all over during play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
Your imagination is reality.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed.

That is what they're for, and what they do.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
They are vital to this game. I mean,who could ever remember which two skills they picked when levelling up. It would take a genius, something like a rocket scientist, to remember that much information.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
They are vital to this game. I mean,who could ever remember which two skills they picked when levelling up. It would take a genius, something like a rocket scientist, to remember that much information.


It gets even trickier when you get to red - then you've not only got to remember which one of the two orange skills you picked, but also which one of the three red ones too!

And if you're fielding more than one Survivor! Oh my!

Too too much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but after you reached red the 3rd time you know you've got all skills

you may want to put the XP slider on top of the survivor card instead of attached to it, this way its easy to move and the rest can stay in place more easily as you dont need to manipulate the card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

You are having trouble what skills you picked? lol... this ain't rocket science! ;-P

Seriously, i would have almost preferred a dry erase marker to tick off those chosen, instead of those floating markers...

~Will
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bernard
msg tools
Yeah, our group uses these to track xp so our gear cards don't slide around. Somehow, we all keep track of our skill lists.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Since I only have Season 1 with the standard survivors, I have actually never used the character cards. I've only played with the android app. Love it. They just need to update it for S2 and TCM which seems to be more complicated than one would think.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
Since I only have Season 1 with the standard survivors, I have actually never used the character cards. I've only played with the android app. Love it. They just need to update it for S2 and TCM which seems to be more complicated than one would think.

The issue, I believe, from what has been said, is the new rules (ultra red and Zombivors) and skills (some of which will change the way other aspects of the app need to work).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bein hart
Germany
flag msg tools
Ah yes, the skill markers. Has somebody else the feeling that they should have provided some more of these markers?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beinhart wrote:
Ah yes, the skill markers. Has somebody else the feeling that they should have provided some more of these markers?


I feel like I have a bucket of them. Which boxes do you got?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bein hart
Germany
flag msg tools
Shoogoo wrote:
Beinhart wrote:
Ah yes, the skill markers. Has somebody else the feeling that they should have provided some more of these markers?


I feel like I have a bucket of them. Which boxes do you got?


Well... should have added [/irony] .

(Season1, TCM, and PO. Hundreds of them, but we never use them as the character sheets are always a mess in our group between all the crisps and drinks; luckily the XP counters can be attached relatively tight, otherwise we'd have to restart at blue level every 3rd turn ).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

The most skill markers you should ever need on a character is 3.

1 for a orange, 2 for red. Because when you get the third red, or the second orange for that matter(assuming Ultra Red play) you no longer need to mark them... you have them all.

:-)



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Anonymous
Germany
flag msg tools
Floydski wrote:

The most skill markers you should ever need on a character is 3.

1 for a orange, 2 for red. Because when you get the third red, or the second orange for that matter(assuming Ultra Red play) you no longer need to mark them... you have them all.

:-)





You only need two markers, you can remove the orange level marker on the second pass and place it on the second red skill later
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
try this

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1603923/zombicide
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.