Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i wonder...to many forums and text to search for the answer. I'm lazy, you know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just the Outlaw class. Everything else in the Stretch Goals and Add-ons, they've said they want to eventually release separately, though some may only be sold on their web-store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But not the Outlaw figure.
That'll be on sale on the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pricing as well.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
The pricing as well.

-shnar

True.
But as those are estimated msrp the prices could actually end up the same orless ccome retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine they will be only less if it's from a 'discounter'.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's where I'll be buying it. I can't ever justify paying full MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sag0016 wrote:
And that's where I'll be buying it. I can't ever justify paying full MSRP.

Well, they are actually giving the Outlaw level a $20 discount on MSRP. But compared to an OLGS, you are overpaying by $34.

However, you are definitely getting way more than $34 worth of stuff with stretch goals.

In otherwords, yes, if you want both games and all the SG's that are coming, you will be paying more than $150, even at an OLGS.

The Outlaw hero class is an KS exclusive. They will offer the mini, but not the cards and whatever else goes with it.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little newbie question:

What is MSRP? OLGS? SG's?

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
Little newbie question:

What is MSRP? OLGS? SG's?

P

MSRP : Manufacturer's suggested retail price

OLGS : Online Games Store

SG : Stretch goals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But do we know if any of the add-on items will be available through normal retail channels or if they will only be available through FFPs online store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They've said that most of the add-ons and stretch goals will likely only be available through their website. (I imagine the larger ones, like the Otherworlds or the expanded city map, might end up in other retailers, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the others.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrRednek wrote:
But do we know if any of the add-on items will be available through normal retail channels or if they will only be available through FFPs online store?

They told me they have not worked out what will and will not be available through normal retail channels.

They have also said it is unclear how they will package things. Meaning some of the add-ons may actually be grouped together in a package OR they may stay separate.

What they have said is that it would be a little while before the add-ons show up for sale because retailers would not want to stock the whole product line without seeing how well the base game sells.

This was communicated to me from Flying Frog themselves.

In other words, if you want the items now and don't want to wait, grab 'em. If you don't mind waiting and the possibility of paying more if it's not available at an OLGS (they will sell it on their website at full MSRP+Shipping), wait.

I'm personally grabbing any card packs from the add-on list because they sell those on their website for about $10 plus shipping, and you can get the one now there for $8 with no added shipping. If they add more, I'll bite.

I feel like the Otherworld they are selling will be packaged at retail, along with the mission packs.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gavindowning wrote:
They've said that most of the add-ons and stretch goals will likely only be available through their website. (I imagine the larger ones, like the Otherworlds or the expanded city map, might end up in other retailers, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the others.)

Do you have a direct link where they have said this? IF it is the case, I may grab some of the mission packs showing up.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's a link, but you'll have to do some searching: http://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1034852783/comments?ref=b...

Most recent post about selling the add-ons that I can find is from November 9th:

how soon after the kick starter is fulfilled will we see the items that are addons be available for retail purchase? An interesting question. Some add ons, such as card packs will only be available on our webstore. Most likely the core sets will come to retailers first followed by a slow release of other retail products, most likely over the next 3 years. After all, you can expect a retail store to say, "Yes, I will take the core sets, and all the add ons and stretch goals. I will spend tons of money up front and dedicate a whole shelf to it.".

October 28th:

As of right now, none of the Stretch Goals are actually changing the retail release versions of the games. They will most likely be offered as extras on our official webstore and/or as retail release products in their own right.

October 26th:

All of the Add-Ons should be available at Retail and/or on our official webstore after they are released (though it may be some time to get all of them to final market as retail packaging needs to be created and Bar codes assigned, etc, etc).

October 25th:

A Game supplement in the FFP world is usually a small supplement only sold on our webstore. It is not packaged for retail.

October 24th:

Currently the only exclusive item in this Kickstarter is the Outlaw Hero Class1 That being said, it will likely take some time for all of the Stretch Goal Items and Add-Ons to make it fully to market. Also, some items (like Card Supplements etc) will only be available on our official webstore.

I'm not finding them saying that "most" will be only available through their website, so I may be misremembering that, in which case, mia culpa. Still, looks like they're being vague as to which will and which won't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.