Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
In our games Pegasus appears after the first jump (and someone remembers to turn Pegasus on its right side). When Pegasus appears using this simple method, using your 1/8 suggestion you have 55% chance of Pegasus appearing before or at the same time (if you have only crisis with jump symbols). There was also a previous suggestion of a similarly randomized method a week or so ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
How about "the first time a crisis from Pegasus expansion is drawn"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
This is mostly fine, but for some games, Peggy may come out too late or never. If this is fine for such groups, then go with it. Otherwise, this may irk others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Rethinking this . . .

May roll die for one round
choose a number, if it is rolled
Pegasus appears

otherwise Pegasus appears automatically
beginning with the first player of the second round

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:
This is mostly fine, but for some games, Peggy may come out too late or never. If this is fine for such groups, then go with it. Otherwise, this may irk others.

I like this approach myself, though I think it would need to be modified if Helena Cain is chosen as a character. Perhaps draw the top crisis before the start of the game to determine whether Pegasus is available.

Another alternative is to add Pegasus when jumping to a Pegasus destination. This gives the Admiral some opportunity to control whether Pegasus is available or not (and adds another avenue for accusations against the admiral).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lerris wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:

I like this approach myself, though I think it would need to be modified if Helena Cain is chosen as a character. Perhaps draw the top crisis before the start of the game to determine whether Pegasus is available.

Another alternative is to add Pegasus when jumping to a Pegasus destination. This gives the Admiral some opportunity to control whether Pegasus is available or not (and adds another avenue for accusations against the admiral).

A nice excuse to whip out Misjump (0). However, with only total 5 Destination cards (4 if you take out Mining Asteroid playing with CFB), it may still be too rare. However, it seems to be more unlikely that a Peg card won't show up between the crisis and Destination.

Huh... should we add 1 or 2 Qcards to trigger Peggy's arrival?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an idea from a thread about house-ruling characters, regarding Cain being overpowered.

Replace the Blind Jump ability with "Blind Jump (Action): Place the Pegasus board next to Galactica."

(One problem: unlike other OPGs, it's only good for the humans, not usable either way.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beri wrote:
I had an idea from a thread about house-ruling characters, regarding Cain being overpowered.

Replace the Blind Jump ability with "Blind Jump (Action): Place the Pegasus board next to Galactica."

(One problem: unlike other OPGs, it's only good for the humans, not usable either way.)
Which is why I wouldn't do it this way, despite the thematics. At least in the past, you can always use Blind Jump just before you auto jump to also get a free 2 civvies destroyed out of it. OTOH, not enabling Peggy to come in, and instead through the crisis card can be damaging too, so now I'm not so sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to do it that way, how about this (which also allows re-use with Miracle Tokens):

"Commander of the Pegasus (Action): Once per game, if the Pegasus ship is not yet in the game, place it next to Galactica. Otherwise, repair or damage a Pegasus location of your choice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
beri wrote:

Which is why I wouldn't do it this way, despite the thematics. At least in the past, you can always use Blind Jump just before you auto jump to also get a free 2 civvies destroyed out of it. OTOH, not enabling Pegasus to come in, and instead through the crisis card can be damaging too, so now I'm not so sure.

It's just a place to start, but you make a good point about Blind Jump - in that it's devastating in the hands of a Cylon, destroying two civlians and eliminating the Admiral's destination choices, only costing the Cylon one space of jump preparation, and not even being preventable by the brig. So any replacement ability doesn't need to be subtle, in either direction.

If we're summoning a capital ship for the humans, it seems like summoning a capital ship for the Cylons is a logical direction.

Pegasus Arrives (Action): Once per game, choose one of the following: either place the Pegasus board next to the main game board (if not already present), OR place a Basestar and three Raiders in front of Galactica.

This Basestar represents a Cylon-controlled Pegasus. Use one of the original cardboard Basestars to represent Pegasus, allowing up to three Basestars on the board at once.

If Miracle Tokens allow this ability to be used more than once per game, the above rules still apply, representing the Valkyrie, Yashuman, and other smaller Battlestars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out my variant:

This has all happened before, and will all happen again.

Sorry I can't link it right now I'm on an iPod.

JoeM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
If the sun was always shining and our load always light // We’d be shaking like a leaf with every God given night // And we’d break under the weight // Of any pain that ever came in this life
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't there characters that start on Pegasus?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolmogorv wrote:

Cain's starting location is listed as "Pegasus CIC or Command".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Kolmogorv wrote:

Cain's starting location is listed as "Pegasus CIC or Command".
And even if that weren't the case, I'm sure we could make an exception as part of this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.