Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's why:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Koranak

It had a cloaking device and joined with the Romulans in an attack on the Founders' homeworld. It was never a part of the Dominion. Is it listed as Dominion? It definately should NOT be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But those groups of ships and technology, not the Koranak itself, as you point out, would have ended up in the Dominion fleet in the end. I'd say give us Dominion players a break, but really, screw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the Keldon class ship should be. Just pretend it's called Kanarok and it'll all work out.

Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Here's why:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Koranak

It had a cloaking device and joined with the Romulans in an attack on the Founders' homeworld. It was never a part of the Dominion. Is it listed as Dominion? It definately should NOT be!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Rostoker
Canada
Gloucester
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a Cardassian ship, the Cardassians are shoved into the Dominion, therefore the ship is in the Dominion.

By your logic the Valdore should be a Federation ship because it fought for the Federation against the Romulans in Nemesis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
werefish wrote:
By your logic the Valdore should be a Federation ship because it fought for the Federation against the Romulans in Nemesis.

I thought it was since it always seems like Picard is flying it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But don't worry, you won't see it anyway. I bet it'll have an attack of 6 but you have to spend your action to use it, otherwise it's 2. And Gul Dukat will be a 7 skill captain and come with a bunch of elite captain talents, but won't have an elite skill slot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should have just made the bloody Cardies their own Faction.

Ghostrunner wrote:
werefish wrote:

I thought it was since it always seems like Picard is flying it...

Congratulations sir, you win the Internet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PenguinBonaparte wrote:
But don't worry, you won't see it anyway. I bet it'll have an attack of 6 but you have to spend your action to use it, otherwise it's 2. And Gul Dukat will be a 7 skill captain and come with a bunch of elite captain talents, but won't have an elite skill slot.

Dukat: Action: Once per game, you may assign any Elite Talent under 5 points to Dukat from outside the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:

increased top speed? maybe we'll see those 4 bank and 6 straight maneuvers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Memory alpha is a little miss leading. The Koranak was only ever named in the episode "defiant", and never mentioned in "the die is cast". We do not know for sure if all of the obsidian order ships joined the fleet.

On the flip side of that if the federation can keep naming ships enterprise every time one is blown up it is logical that the cardassians can reuse a name too. So think of it as the Koranak II.

I really hope it can not cloak, I know the dominion need a boost, but that is not the answer. They just need a big tough gun ship, and two good captains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Memory alpha is a little miss leading. The Koranak was only ever named in the episode "defiant", and never mentioned in "the die is cast". We do not know for sure if all of the obsidian order ships joined the fleet.

On the flip side of that if the federation can keep naming ships enterprise every time one is blown up it is logical that the cardassians can reuse a name too. So think of it as the Koranak II.

I really hope it can not cloak, I know the dominion need a boost, but that is not the answer. They just need a big tough gun ship, and two good captains.

It will cloak, it will have the guns and supposedly have good Captains, if you can call the half psychotic Gul Dukat a "good" captain. Hell, even Sisko showed him up in Defiant and the Obsidian Order were like "See, he has a brain!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action: Use this action to spend your action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bazzano
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Andrew Park hinted that this Keldon will have a cloak. My assumption is, that it will be similar in design to the Defiant's cloak. An upgrade, that will cost more for other ships, and possibly disable to use. After all, both ship's cloaking devices were "loaned" by the Romulans. S, it would only make sense for them to be fairly similar in function. Plus, it would prevent either an overabundance of cloaked Dominon ships if it functioned similarly to the Defiant's cloak. While still being functional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:
Mr. Andrew Park hinted that this Keldon will have a cloak. My assumption is, that it will be similar in design to the Defiant's cloak. An upgrade, that will cost more for other ships, and possibly disable to use. After all, both ship's cloaking devices were "loaned" by the Romulans. S, it would only make sense for them to be fairly similar in function. Plus, it would prevent either an overabundance of cloaked Dominon ships if it functioned similarly to the Defiant's cloak. While still being functional.

Which would allow for the Koranak to have a Tech slot at least, another thing missing in the Dominion fleet if I am not mistaken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean aside from the Kraxxon with it's 2 Tech slots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
And the 1 tech slot on the Attack Bugs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oops...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:

If you watch during the battle sequence in The Die Is Cast, the Romulan helmsman (whose image is used for Romulan Pilot, I believe) on the flagship indicates to the Colonel and Tain that the Koranak has just been destroyed, following a sot of the Jem'Hadar destroying a Keldon-class ship.

I think it'll have Cloak so that the factions that don't have access to Cloak get the option on one each of their ships.

I think after this ship comes out, they're going to have everything they need to be just as threatening as anyone else, although I'm terrified of some Dominion combinations as they stand.

And then when the 4th Division Battleship comes out, the complaints will be that the Dominion are overpowered, not the Klingons or Romulans.

The two newer ships will be more straightforward than the first few, which means they're easier to fly together, which means less pilot error and less claims that they're too hard to fly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FortuneFavorTheBold wrote:
I think after this ship comes out, they're going to have everything they need to be just as threatening as anyone else, although I'm terrified of some Dominion combinations as they stand.

And then when the 4th Division Battleship comes out, the complaints will be that the Dominion are overpowered, not the Klingons or Romulans.

The two newer ships will be more straightforward than the first few, which means they're easier to fly together, which means less pilot error and less claims that they're too hard to fly.

That's what I'm hoping as well. If this ship has a 4-5 attack, 4+ shields and 5+ hull I'll be happy as pig in mud.

I've never heard that the Dominion ships, available now, are hard to fly. On the contrary, they are so maneuverable (Kraxon not included) that it makes piloting easy. And after a couple of games of practice with just how far each template will move me, I can usually judge the distances fairly well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coastcityo wrote:

I would be happy with it being a tech slot upgrade, that way it is there if you want to play that theme of the joint cardassian/romulan fleet but not necessarily a must for a dominion fleet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
coastcityo wrote:

I would be happy with it being a tech slot upgrade, that way it is there if you want to play that theme of the joint cardassian/romulan fleet but not necessarily a must for a dominion fleet.

The only Keldons we see are those with cloak and belonging to the Obsidian order.

Its would make no sense for the Keldon not to get cloaking in the action bar. It wasn't a unique upgrade, but shared with all of the ships of the class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they all can cloak then they should be an independent faction not Dominion since the Dominion didn't use cloaking vessels of this type.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguin Bonaparte
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is more of an issue than Picard, Martok, and Donatra making this seem like the clone wars? Let's just worry about making this a game about more than 4 ships and captains......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
If they all can cloak then they should be an independent faction not Dominion since the Dominion didn't use cloaking vessels of this type.

So...?!?! Something has to not make sense somewhere with the Keldon. This is a game, just play it and have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not all Keldon class ships cloak. In episode "defiant" Dukot says that the order is prohibited from having war ships and the ships they are traking "faster than any keldon class ships I have ever seen". There were keldon class ships in the central command's fleet.So the Order's ships are an extremely modified Keldon class. They should not be the same ones used by the cardassians under the dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.