Subject: Drafting Intrigue Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Gehrig
United States
East Dundee
Illinois
flag msg tools
Instead of just drawing 3 intrigue cards each, we have players "draft" them. Here are the rules:

Draw 3 Intrigue cards.

Keep one, pass the other two cards to the player on your left.

Receive the 2 cards from the player on your right. Look at them, and keep one, pass the remaining card to the player on your left.

Receive an keep the final card from the player on your right, you'll now have 3 cards to add to your hand.

This variant simply allows players to receive a bit of information about what other cards are out there in the other players' hands, and gives you a little bit of choice about what intrigue cards you draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaded Lounges
United States
Vashon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Noli me tangere, Caesaris sum.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. I wonder if there are drawbacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that you know what other guys have isn't a big enough drawback? What is the point of cards like "Blood on the Arena" except when playing them as a surprise?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
It might make a long game unnecessarily longer. Also, if you have the ability to swap or draw new cards, it would increase your power in the game more than it does already. Unless you invent rules for other players drawing for you.

Also, the intrigue phase has already been criticised for not being powerful enough, so is there a need for making it less powerful?

It seems that the rules for this game are quite straight forward, and only need tweaking if there is an actual need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it, but I see glabber hoarding all the guards even harder than he does now.

Other players either pass guards to glabber, or take the guards and pass him better cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.