Ben Bertrandt
msg tools
Hi Guys,

The Cult Exposed scenario requirement says:
"If you acquire a spell, bury a card."

We're assuming that if a character acquires a spell but doesn't really dig it (say something like Mending), that the player may choose the spell he/she just acquired as the buried card.

That's correct, yes (otherwise it would probably say "bury a different card")?

Thanks in advance,

Ben (and Abby)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick any card in your hand to bury including the spell you just acquired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that you don't have to attempt to acquire a boon (something I forgot and had posted wrong in another thread on here) so honestly, there's no reason to be burying the spell you just acquired. If it stinks, just don't attempt the check.

In mine, every single one of them except a Web I got was lousy, so even though I played like I had to attempt the check, I only acquired that Web, Cure (which I switched out with another Cure), and a Detect Magic just to get through the deck faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kysmart wrote:
Remember that you don't have to attempt to acquire a boon (something I forgot and had posted wrong in another thread on here) so honestly, there's no reason to be burying the spell you just acquired. If it stinks, just don't attempt the check.

In mine, every single one of them except a Web I got was lousy, so even though I played like I had to attempt the check, I only acquired that Web, Cure (which I switched out with another Cure), and a Detect Magic just to get through the deck faster.
There's PLENTY of reason to Bury the spell if you just acquired it.

Bury is NOT the same as Banish. At the end of the scenario, all buried cards are added to your deck for culling/trading. So if you happen to get a really nice spell but you either can't use it or it's better than one you know you have in your deck (or discard) and plan on replacing it later, or if you can say the above for another character in the party, that's enough reason right there to attempt it and then bury it instead of just not attempting it at all, which will banish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Birk
msg tools
mb
firedale2002 wrote:
kysmart wrote:

There's PLENTY of reason to Bury the spell if you just acquired it.

Ezren!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could argue that if a spell is good enough to want to put in your deck for the next scenario you wouldn't be burying it in the first place.

Yes, Ezren would like to get spells for free explores. He wasn't in that play group so I forgot about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
kysmart wrote:
I could argue that if a spell is good enough to want to put in your deck for the next scenario you wouldn't be burying it in the first place.

Unless you're Valeros...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like kind of a thankless scenario if you're playing with characters who can't have spells in the deck after the adventure is over. I suppose the same thing could be said for other characters and other scenarios in some cases?

For example, I'm playing solo, with Merisiel only. She has no slots for spell cards, so the reward is worthless. The only thing she can get out of the scenario is whatever items, allies, etc. she picks up during it. I'm not sure I will pick up much of anything that's better than stuff I already have, but I'll play it through and see what comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.