Mexico
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
Awesome BG Mexico
badge
Twiiter & Instragram: awesomebgmex
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a question:
During a night board game session, one if my friends (I swear it didn't happen to me) managed to take all his hexes in his deposit but when he wanted to put one of them in his board he couldn't because there wasn't a legal space for it.
He had 3 brown buildings but he couldn't put anyone in any legal space because it was surrounded by only yellow, green and blue spaces.
So, the question is what happen if he can't put an hex? Does he lose? He trash an hex or what?
I couldn't find a answer for that in the instructions booklet and although he was a starting player in this game (and a noob), to continue the game we decided to let him put an hex in another spot, following the rule of adjacent spaces.

:S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artron wrote:
I've got a question:
During a night board game session, one if my friends (I swear it didn't happen to me) managed to take all his hexes in his deposit but when he wanted to put one of them in his board he couldn't because there wasn't a legal space for it.
He had 3 brown buildings but he couldn't put anyone in any legal space because it was surrounded by only yellow, green and blue spaces.
So, the question is what happen if he can't put an hex? Does he lose? He trash an hex or what?

Well, the obvious solution is "don't take the 3rd tile that you can't place". He was fine until then.

However, the rules are clear. The next time he buys a tile, he must throw away one of the brown tiles he already has, wasting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True. He should take only those tiles he will be able to build. He could also take the one(s) he won't be able to build, just in order to stop others from obtaining it, and later throw it away when taking a fourth tile. Such a move is usually inefficient but can be helpful at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Artron wrote:
I've got a question:

Well, the obvious solution is "don't take the 3rd tile that you can't place". He was fine until then.

However, the rules are clear. The next time he buys a tile, he must throw away one of the brown tiles he already has, wasting it.

Wait... You can do that? Throw away tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
BaSL wrote:

Wait... You can do that? Throw away tiles?

This seems to be a commonly-overlooked rule, then.

Trying to be 100% clear: you cannot take a tile from the central board and throw it. But you can throw existing tiles from your supply to make room for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah... And it does not cost you an action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh so grabbing animals somebody else wants and then cooking/letting them free them later when something you want becomes available is starting to look like a more valid tactic now ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BaSL wrote:

Well, by doing so you basically lose an action as you took the tile first (using an action) and then wasted it without having a profit from it. Apart from having blocked your opponent, of course. I can only imagine doing such a thing in a 2-player game and have never seen it happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I see "animal blocking" occur with some regularity, but it is usually worth placing the tile anyway rather than discarding it when your storage is full (since you might end up with a second of same type later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmonkeyball wrote:
BaSL wrote:

Well, by doing so you basically lose an action as you took the tile first (using an action) and then wasted it without having a profit from it. Apart from having blocked your opponent, of course. I can only imagine doing such a thing in a 2-player game and have never seen it happening.

Ah, yes, of course. But now it is possible to have a full set of 3 and still take a new tile by just removing one in the same action. Might be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Oliva
Mexico
Mexico
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
Awesome BG Mexico
badge
Twiiter & Instragram: awesomebgmex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank yuu very much all of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have taken tiles I can't use (because I am full on them), to keep my opponent from getting a full slate of something near the end of the game. I have only done that in on-line games - would never play that way against my wife!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.