Subject: Wild day in the NFL. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaguars win their first game of the season vs Titans.

Rams not only beat the Colts, they destroyed them.

Ravens beat the Bengals. Bengals may not be as tough as advertised.

Panthers beat the 49rs. Carolina might be able to compete for the division.

Also around the league:

Detroit takes firm lead in the NFC North after GB Packers lose to the Eagles and they beat the Bears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My beloved Packers are likely done. They might have to call me to suit up if they lose any more players to injuries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
My beloved Packers are likely done. They might have to call me to suit up if they lose any more players to injuries.

For all your kind comments regarding Philadelphia sports ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

(The road team is now 9-1 in games involving the Eagles. Any chance we can petition the NFL to force Philadelphia to play all remaining games on the road?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
There are no words to describe the epic fail of the Titans today. Our entire season was destroyed before my eyes within the span of three hours.

Not only did they lose to the previously winless Jags (who by the way got their last win against the Titans almost a year ago), but Jake Locker got a season-ending injury today. I swear this has to be some kind of record for injuries. It's like his body is made out of peppermint candy. Every damn season, he'll play a few games and then bite the dust.

So I guess Ryan Fitzpatrick is our guy from here on out. Woo-hoo. I'm beginning to think he's some kind of double agent. He practically handed off the ball to the opposing team in the final minutes of the game today.

I don't even know why I watch this crap. I'm going to go see the Titans play on December 1, but now I almost don't even want to go.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which was the bigger shocker: the Titans losing to the Jaguars, or the Colts getting absolutely pummeled by the Rams. Both losses at home, no less.

Makes for an interesting TNF game, to say the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Lions!!

Leezer wrote:
There are no words to describe the epic fail of the Titans today. Our entire season was destroyed before my eyes within the span of three hours.

Not only did they lose to the previously winless Jags (who by the way got their last win against the Titans almost a year ago), but Jake Locker got a season-ending injury today. I swear this has to be some kind of record for injuries. It's like his body is made out of peppermint candy. Every damn season, he'll play a few games and then bite the dust.

So I guess Ryan Fitzpatrick is our guy from here on out. Woo-hoo. I'm beginning to think he's some kind of double agent. He practically handed off the ball to the opposing team in the final minutes of the game today.

I don't even know why I watch this crap. I'm going to go see the Titans play on December 1, but now I almost don't even want to go.

shake

I remember that feeling. It stinks, sorry you're going through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotek4 wrote:

For all your kind comments regarding Philadelphia sports ...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

It had to happen sometime.

I had it coming. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda wish the Bengals won if only for that last second Hail Mary that tied the game. Guess no one told that one ravens defender you're supposed to swat it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to feel badly for the Packers but then I remember that I dislike them intensely and I decide not to. devil

Sadly my idiotic Vikings won a MEANINGLESS game vs. the Redskins and screwed up a chance to move into the #2 draft spot with Jags victory today. My team can't even win properly. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I wish my Chargers had an unexpected result!

But, we got the result most of America was expecting against the Broncos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to Monday Night Football. Miami vs Tampa Bay. The Dysfunctional Bowl.

The Jags surprised me the most today. I thought the Titans were hitting their stride and then *splat*.

It's interesting to see Texas and Atlanta both with just 2 wins each. Those were teams who thought they were going to make Superbowl runs. Every time I see Texas it seems they play well but still lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Detroit takes firm lead in the NFC North after GB Packers lose to the Eagles and they beat the Bears.

By the way, I'm not sure I particularly like the fact that you consider the Lions taking a firm lead in the NFC North to be #1 on your list of reasons yesterday was a "wild day in the NFL."

The Lions completely man-handled the Bears back in Week 4, so it shouldn't be so surprising they could squeak out another win against them. Not to mention the fact that the Packers are playing without their best player, and somehow managed to lose his back-up as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Fixed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Fixed that.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually mentioned that first since I thought it was the most significant story.
And looking over the scores it seemed like there were a lot of upsets yesterday.

I can see how the two didn't meld well. Especially for a Lions fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, because I really don't know as I haven't seen any of their games this season...

Poll
Carolina Panthers?
Contenders as good as their 6-3 record appears
Pretenders beating up on weak teams to hit 6-3 record
      20 answers
Poll created by Blott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asked my friend who is a Saints fan about the same thing yesterday.

It should be a good race, since we're great and have a hard schedule and they're crappy and have an easy one. Before today, the only good team they'd beaten was St. Louis, who is only kind of good. Other than that, their wins have been against Tampa, the Vikes, the Giants, and the Falcons. Not exactly playoff contenders there. We've played some crappy teams too, but our schedule has been a lot harder overall. So even if they somehow sneak past us and win the south, they'll lose in the first round of the playoffs anyway.

I've only seen one Carolina game this year, that was against the Vikings. They looked spectacular but should be noted against a terrible opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And let's not forget the Giants - after starting 0-6 and still playing brutal ball - two games out of first place . . .

shake

Our night-shift doorman is a vocal Jets fan who likes to give me a hard time on a regular basis. He told me yesterday that if the Giants make the playoffs and the Jets don't, he's giving up on football.

Wow, but the NFC East sucks this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Broncos versus Chiefs on Sunday night should be a doozy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Firestone IV wrote:

Broncos versus Chiefs on Sunday night should be a doozy...

As a Chiefs fan, I'm worried. Yes, our defense really is very good (duh!), but it has moments where you can see the cracks - and Peyton's good at finding those cracks. We're not going to hold the broncos under 17 as we have everyone else. Our offense is poor trailing off to nonexistent at times - and while I DO believe in our defense, I find it hard to imagine they'll be able to carry the team single handedly again against the Broncos.

Our one chance might be to work up good pass rushes - Peyton's good at throwing out of blitzes, but has to have a little time, and I think other teams have shown occasionally that the O-line of the broncos can be overcome by a good D-line which the Chiefs certainly have.

So, I'd love to be proven wrong - one of the reasons I like football is stuff happens that is completely unexpected sometimes (like my Wildcats knocking off a ranked team this weekend!) but... well, let's just say I'm concerned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
Our offense is poor trailing off to nonexistent at times - and while I DO believe in our defense, I find it hard to imagine they'll be able to carry the team single handedly again against the Broncos.

The nice thing about playing the Broncos is that you don't need an offense. They are giving up an average 350 some passing yards a game.

Come Sunday your QB will be looking more Joe Montana and less like Billy Joe Tolliver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
jeffreyac wrote:
Our offense is poor trailing off to nonexistent at times - and while I DO believe in our defense, I find it hard to imagine they'll be able to carry the team single handedly again against the Broncos.

The nice thing about playing the Broncos is that you don't need an offense. They are giving up an average 350 some passing yards a game.

Come Sunday your QB will be looking more Joe Montana and less like Billy Joe Tolliver.

See, the Broncos' D isn't great, but this is a bit unfair. Teams fall behind and HAVE TO throw. The Broncos switch to a softer D and give up yards underneath rather than give up the big play. I liked the look of the D under Del Rio yesterday. They were very aggressive and picked up 4 sacks and Rivers ran around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I'm going to call it now: Broncos 31 - Chiefs 17
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen as many injuries for one team as there have been for the 2013 Packers. They had one game where they lost all of our active running backs. One game they lost all but three wideouts. They lead the league in hamstring injuries, have a myriad on injured reserve, and yesterday they lost our backup quarterback (who was starting) and our center in the first half, and our best cover corner in the second.

Clay Matthews is back, but with a club on his hand.

They're down to a third string, practice-squad quarterback and I don't think they have a backup offensive lineman left healthy.

The promising ship has sunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
I've never seen as many injuries for one team as there have been for the 2013 Packers. They had one game where they lost all of our active running backs. One game they lost all but three wideouts. They lead the league in hamstring injuries, have a myriad on injured reserve, and yesterday they lost our backup quarterback (who was starting) and our center in the first half, and our best cover corner in the second.

They're down to a third string, practice-squad quarterback and I don't think they have a backup offensive lineman left healthy.

Sometimes I watch NFL games like many watch NASCAR races - for the pile-ups. I find it very enjoyable watching over-their-heads backups step in and play big minutes. I can't wait for the Packers to end up using their practice squad offensive tackle as QB!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:

Looks like it's time to fire your strength-and-conditioning coordinator. Is this a result of them sinking so much money into Rodgers' contract, they picked up the walking wounded to fill out the rest of their roster?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.