Subject: Deckbuilding - Card lower limits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
luke smith
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
Is there a lower limit on cards? For example, can the corp choose to not put any Agenda cards in, and build a deck focused solely on trashing the hand of the runner, and causing brain damage/net damage/meat damage in order to defeat the opponent. I imagine a deck like this would not be very usable in the long run, since the opponent would get the gimmick after a game (or maybe two), and learn never to run, which would result in the corp losing after running out of cards.

But, is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lukasaurus wrote:
Is there a lower limit on cards? For example, can the corp choose to not put any Agenda cards in, and build a deck focused solely on trashing the hand of the runner, and causing brain damage/net damage/meat damage in order to defeat the opponent. I imagine a deck like this would not be very usable in the long run, since the opponent would get the gimmick after a game (or maybe two), and learn never to run, which would result in the corp losing after running out of cards.

But, is it possible?

No.

Check out the deck construction rules in the rulebook - the Corp has to include a certain amount of Agenda points in their deck, and both sides must have a minimum number of total cards, as determined by their identity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
What you propose would horribly break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lukasaurus wrote:
Is there a lower limit on cards?

Yes. Each Identity lists the minimum deck size (usually 45). Additionally, Corp decks must have 18-19 Agenda Points for a 40-44 card deck, and then an additional 2 Agenda Points every 5 cards*.

*Not sure if this is also carried down to 14-15 Agenda Points for the 30-34 card Draft Corp decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:

*Not sure if this is also carried down to 14-15 Agenda Points for the 30-34 card Draft Corp decks.

I'm pretty sure it does. With the Priority Reqs that come in the draft pack, you can have enough agenda for your 30 card corp deck even if you do not draft any additional agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would result in the most boring game ever: What can the runner do? Try to fully mill the opponent? There is no limit on the number of cards that the corp can put in, so he/she would have a huuuge deck.

Meanwhile, the corp would waste clicks on getting credits or whatever that does not make him draw cards. A really long and noninteresting game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Please refer to the rulebook and your questions will be answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.