Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I often have a lot of down time at work usually with little or no table space. Is there any 2-3 player games that uses little to no components? A few dice like cosmic wimpout or a deck of cards would be fine. This would be for non gamers as well.

Also looking for some more group/party type games for the neighbors I have been recently entertaining. Usually there are 4-7. So far Apples to Apples, and You Must be an Idiot have been the biggest hits. They also like games like Taboo, Pictionary, Scattergories and Mad Gab (Yuck). Also non-gamers and usually all female. Note Thingamajig did not go over well.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freakin' Ed
United States
Saylorsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad,
I think you should give Fluxx a shot; it's easy to learn and quick to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Fuller
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
actually I have been thinking about Fluxx, I already own it and have played it many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As for a game at work, you might try Duell (2 players). It has a board but it's very small, doesn't take up much space and is a simple game to teach. Geschenkt is also compact (just 33 cards and some plastic chips); it's a great filler for 3 to 5 players. If you can find a copy of Ivanhoe (I think it's out of print), that's also just a deck of cards with a few chips. It's also easy to learn, and scales well from 2 to 5 players. We used to play that quite often during lunches.

As for a party game, you might try Time's Up or Diamant; both of those are fun. I haven't played it but Cash n' Guns sounds like it'd be a fun party game (for up to 6 players); it is a bit pricey though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney P
United States
Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Hive. The pieces are the board and they fit in your pocket. I've taken it lots of places "just in case". http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2655/

Cafe` Race seems appropriate for work, as well as fitting in your pocket. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/20781/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.