Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I am in the process of creating some Question Cards, for my Question Card Variant, and was hoping to get some more ideas.

The concept here is that all players start with a hand of Question Cards, and instead of asking questions aloud, they choose one of their Question Cards and hand it to the other player who then has to answer aloud.

Some cards will be simple questions (eg How many Fat Brothers have you seen), while others may be swap 2 cards, etc.

Does anyone have a list of common good questions to include in a card based format? Would you play this variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued by this variant. I also saw the image of the cards related to this variant. Could you elaborate more on how you envision how questions are made and answered? Are the use of the cards the only way to ask a question? Can you ask about a specific monk? How would a question like "how many Templar Brothers have you seen?" be queried and answered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, my image got approved faster than I expected!

These are the cards I have created. Rather than individual questions, I made a card for each option. I have a couple of ideas on how to use them, so would be great to hear from you guys as to which might play better.

The main concept here is that when asking a "Question", you would play 1 card on the board (public), and give 1 card to the person you are asking so that only that 1 player knows the card.
You can ask how many X+Y cards do you have in hand, or how many have you seen (crossed off).

So everyone will know one of the two types, and the answer, but not the other type so not so clear on what the answer means.

I was thinking of printing up 4 sets of cards, and making a "Question Deck". Each player starts with 5 cards in hand. When questioning, you play 2 cards (1 public, 1 hidden). After the question, you draw back up to 5.

Other options are:
- you could play more than 2 cards to really target the answer.
- players must answer all questions
- instead of Bibliotecha cards, going to that location increases your Question Cards hand size (maybe start with 4 cards with this option?). Alternatively, you could just use this space to discard your Question cards and draw new ones if you dont like your current hand.

This makes for a simple question system that includes a new hand management aspect. It's still quite strategic in that you have to decide which card to make public, and which combination of cards from you hand to use when.
It gives some information to all players, but keeps some secret so those asking the question still have the advantage.

What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Grace
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'll try this out once my group becomes a little stale on this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.