Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Neu
United States
Richfield
Minnesota
flag msg tools
All the red shares where sold and someone wanted to sell just 3
of their shares. There was no 2 red "1" cards to swap. Can they
make this transaction? The 4 others had them split and no one had exactly 5 "1"'s to trade.

Thanks Nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say "yes".

The game does not have the share certificate values as a deliberate restriction, unlike some games.

So you would just need to take the 5 certificate out of circulation (total number of shares is a restriction) and have 5 hand written red shares with a value of 1 for a period of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play absolute shares so that there are so many singles and so many "blocks" of 5.

However we also play "friendly" shares. If someone has 5 individual shares and there is a 5 stock available they trade in and upgrade to the five. This obviously won't work if you are playing hidden shares, which I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
We play absolute shares so that there are so many singles and so many "blocks" of 5.

However we also play "friendly" shares. If someone has 5 individual shares and there is a 5 stock available they trade in and upgrade to the five. This obviously won't work if you are playing hidden shares, which I don't.

We play like this also, but in the OP's scenario, I'd just say that the seller was screwed, he could sell all or nothing since noone could actually make change for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
Walsfeo wrote:

We play like this also, but in the OP's scenario, I'd just say that the seller was screwed, he could sell all or nothing since noone could actually make change for him.

Agreed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:

That is just mean. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jazzuu wrote:
Walsfeo wrote:

That is just mean. arrrh

Shark is best played mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
Jazzuu wrote:
Walsfeo wrote:

That is just mean. arrrh

Shark is best played mean.

Would've never guessed given the title....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an interesting way of playing it. I just figured the 5 was to turn in your singles for a 5.

I like the idea better that the only way you get a 5 is to buy 5 straight away. I would then guess the only way to get rid of the 5 is to sell the entire 5 as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.