Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco Pessina
Italy
Vimercate
Monza e Brianza
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After some plays with the basic deck, we want to introduce the more advanced cards, but even with the suggestion of the rulebook, we are not sure which is the best option:

1) Put all the cards together => Some serious unbalance could happen... maybe you are waiting for the next level military unit to match up in military but no military cards shown on the display for the next two ages. (This could happen obviously for every resource, not only for military) This problem I think is worst with 2-player since less cards for each age are shown on the display.

2) Substitute some basic cards with + or x deck: but which one?
I know I can do a lot of trials with all the cards, however obviously some combination will work better than others...

Any suggestion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play using option (1). Yes, the cards can appear in a (very) unbalanced way, but that is part of the game - bweing flexible and adapt your strategy to the available cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorting them will give you a balanced game, adding them can make the appearance of some types of cards infrequent which can hurt players playing at very high difficulties or players who are not that experienced at the game. Both can be fun if you are ready for it (changes the flavor a lot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.