14 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: OP 3 build need help...which one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am concerned with cloaking and multiple cloaked mines build. So I have decided I need to focus on the scan action. So my fleets are looking to maximize this. So whih looks the best?

Kraxon
Antiproton scan
Mirok

Galor class
Anti proton scan
Gul Danar
Chekov

Jem Hadar ship
Sar
Breen aide
Interphase generator

Elite attack dice

Or:

Same as above but instead of Jem Hadar attack ship it will be:

Krayton
Picard

And the third option:

Galor class
Antiproton scan

Galor class
Anti proton scan

Enterprise D
Picard
Spock

Elite attack dice

Or do I scrap all these and create a 4 ship fleet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 ship builds seem to be the thing for month 3 as it allows you to take more actions on the ground. I see you like your Dominion ships, if you are looking for something to make use of actions, the Gor Portas with Picard and torpedoes is a fearsome foe with its ability to not lose its target lock when firing secondary weapons. Once you acquire a lock, it can fire torps every turn, and with Picard on board, it can still take another action to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give the EM pulse a thought. They stack so if you hit someone with 2 of them,they are -2 attack and defense dice. The anti proton scan only works against ships with no active shields so if you are going up against a non cloaking fleet you have to get its shields down be formit is any good. The EM pulse works reguardless of shields at range 1-2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am more of a fan of the Galors with their 180 degree firing arc 4 attack dice, and the antiproton scan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, why do you have interphase generator on a ship that can't cloak?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You seem to like the Dominion and Enterprise, how about this fleet? It doesn't have the Elite Attack die though...

Enterprise D (28)
Picard (6)
Mr Spock (5)
Photon Torpedoes (5)

5th wing patrol (22)
Gul Danar (2)
Phased Polaron Beam (5)

Dominion Starship (20)
Donatra (4+1)
Breen Aide (2)

100 points total

I guess you could switch out the photos on the enterprise for the Elite Attack Die if you wanted, but I would keep the phased polaron beams in. You can get up to 5 dice with it and Donatra near, and you get to re-roll a blank from the captain. I could see this hurting very badly with the elite die! At the last OP I played a player one-shotted one of my B'Rel's with this weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
Jon your list has some merits. I am Not married to the elite attack die. I just keep hearing how useful it is a specially on ground attacks which is why I included into the fleet.

the only other problem I have with your fleet is the to Dominion ships with the enterprise would not be prudent because they die a little too easily. I just feel they're a little too fragile. Also the Galor class has a 180-degree fire arc.I just wonder if it would be better to have a Dominion ship,
prise,and then a galor class. Does anyone else agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could lose the photons, downgrade the 5th wing, then upgrade Donatra's to a Kraxon (to help with survivability of the dominion ship) and be at 99 points...

The dominion ships are agile, they have the come about on them which I've found is pretty handy. I can't see the Kraxon being better for this scenario simply because if anything gets behind it... she's as good as dead anyway! And definitely not a Galor class. At least the Enterprise can fire behind itself.

Unless of course you're leaning towards a one-shot build with Kraxon/In'Cha + enterprise/In'cha... (another thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
I guess you could lose the photons, downgrade the 5th wing, then upgrade Donatra's to a Kraxon (to help with survivability of the dominion ship) and be at 99 points...

The dominion ships are agile, they have the come about on them which I've found is pretty handy. I can't see the Kraxon being better for this scenario simply because if anything gets behind it... she's as good as dead anyway! And definitely not a Galor class. At least the Enterprise can fire behind itself.

Unless of course you're leaning towards a one-shot build with Kraxon/In'Cha + enterprise/In'cha... (another thread)

In'cha is unique.

I like these builds, but I'd try something like:

Enterprise D
Picard
Spock

Kraxon
Anti-P Scan

And then fill out the remainder with a third ship. Maybe the Krayton? This way, the Kraxon can take some damage from the other ships if absolutely necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
So two Galors won`t pull it off. Thats the feedback I am getting. I suppose in a tourney you wamt to diversify. I will come up with something different here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
Acke now i can`t decide of the D`kora is a better choice than the 5th wing patrol ship with the phased Polaron beam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I had to tweak some ships and crew but I might have something. Again the focus is on the scan.

Enterprise D
Sisko
Spock
Antimatter mines

Kraxon
Mirok
Breen aide

Krayton
Donatra

Total 100

Does the fleet need to switch out some crew? Should I use different ships? And\or should I use different crew.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
I'd honestly say that 4 Galors and 2 Breen Aides are the best way to go if you're concerned for cloaking. It's also probably the best Dominion build. Coincidentally, it's also the most boring build. You'll pretty much be doing the same thing four times except for when you bump something or do a turn.

If you want a slightly more interesting build, you probably could do three Galors each with the antiproton scan and stuff. I have no idea how that will work out, but I am tempted to find out.

I played in an OP3 event Sunday with a far more diverse Dominion build. While it's not their best build, I did a lot better than I thought. I may have went 1-2 but the two games I lost I could have won if it wasn't for a Stunned Helmsman, bad dice rolling, or my lack of playing with that build before. I'll be using that in a later event this month with far more experience under my belt and some tweaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:

In'cha is unique.

I checked my cards this morning, In'Cha is not unique
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.