Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Salvato
United States
Melville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have a quick question about the crossbow or rather a confirmation. So as the card is printed, it seems there is no extra benefit for leveling your ranged skill to 5 while using this weapon other than you're closer to level 10. At level 5 you still only get one dice to roll and still only hit on a 5 or 6. Am I correct? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
westfall60 wrote:
I have a quick question about the crossbow or rather a confirmation. So as the card is printed, it seems there is no extra benefit for leveling your ranged skill to 5 while using this weapon other than you're closer to level 10. At level 5 you still only get one dice to roll and still only hit on a 5 or 6. Am I correct? Thanks!

correct. Their is no additional bonus for level 5 coming form untrained.

level 10 let's you kill on a 4,5 or Z and grants the sniper trait to the weapon, granting an additional +2 range if spending 1 action to aim.

thematically this crossbow is one of those knockoff crossbows you would find at a yard sale or cheasy paintball store. It's not the higher quality hunting crossbows.

however it's main utility is being able to use scrap in place of ammo when you need to reload.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Salvato
United States
Melville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I had my first four player game last night with my Daughter, her BF and my Son and we had a blast, even though we didn't even make it past the first day (lotsa bad rolls, and bad decisions).

It was funny, I made them read each card aloud and at first they were reluctant to do it but with each one they opened up more and more until they were actually role playing and blaming their horrible rolls on actual back stories they read "I knew I had one drink too many at the strip club!!". It shows how much thought you guys put into creating those stories and it really painted a picture for us drawing us into the game. So much so we already have another game night scheduled to see if we can make it past day 1! Which speaks volumes about how much fun they had playing, (ever try and schedule 3 college students to gather on the same night? It almost impossible!)

Thanks again for the fast reply and thanks for making such an atmospheric and fun zombie game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
westfall60 wrote:
Ok thanks for the quick reply. I had my first four player game last night with my Daughter, her BF and my Son and we had a blast, even though we didn't even make it past the first day (lotsa bad rolls, and bad decisions).

It was funny, I made them read each card aloud and at first they were reluctant to do it but with each one they opened up more and more until they were actually role playing and blaming their horrible rolls on actual back stories they read "I knew I had one drink too many at the strip club!!". It shows how much thought you guys put into creating those stories and it really painted a picture for us drawing us into the game. So much so we already have another game night scheduled to see if we can make it past day 1! Which speaks volumes about how much fun they had playing, (ever try and schedule 3 college students to gather on the same night? It almost impossible!)

Thanks again for the fast reply and thanks for making such an atmospheric and fun zombie game!

WOOT!

I'm glad your gaming group got into the theme of the game! When player's dont' read the cards aloud, and just run the numbers, the game can get a little stale. The background really does flesh out the theme more.

To make into the following days, you do really need to collaborate as a team. From my experience, you collaborate on days 1 and 2, until your equipped enough to handle things yourself, then the game naturally switches to versus when everyone starts comparing their victory board positions, and then the back stabbing/thwarting of each other begins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.