designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The new faq says (about playing with tiebreaker variant):

Quote:
When a player reaches the “Cultural
Victory” space on the culture track, he gains one culture event
card from the third deck.

But is he able to keep spending culture tokens + trades to gain further culture event cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. Nothing in the rules or the FAQ says that you can do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
The new faq says (about playing with tiebreaker variant):

Quote:
When a player reaches the “Cultural
Victory” space on the culture track, he gains one culture event
card from the third deck.

But is he able to keep spending culture tokens + trades to gain further culture event cards?

I had the same thought but about this case :

Shakespeare and tie-break :

How do you handle this case :

Player A plays first and reach the end of the culture track (where you draw a culture card as specified in the Faq).
Player B plays after. He haves Shakespeare and also reach the end of the Culture track. So he Jumps above the marker of the other player and reach an unbelievable step (a vortex that maybe bring him back to the point 0 of the culture track... no I'm joking ^^).

So 2 questions even if I think one is very simple but the other one is maybe more difficult to answer.

1) Does Player B draws a Culture card ? (i suppose yes...)
2) Does Player B get one more point for the tie-break ? Player A gets 21 points from his move on the Culture track. But does Player B gets 22 points from his move on the Culture track ?

One argument is : When you count the point for tie-break from coins, you count the Coins even those above 15. So maybe this one more step on the Culture track should be considered.

One other argument is : If this is allowed, then a Player that reached the end of the Culture track could still move on it (if he haves enough cultures and trades to do so), and so get some more points for the tie-break, and also (if the answer to question 1) is Yes) some more Culture Cards.

Or do you simply consider that the Culture track haves an end and then player B just stops at the end of it (and don't jump above Player A, abording Shakespeare ability in this specific case, as Shakespeare states that the player may skip one step on the culture track where there is another player marker on it.

What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim E.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say no. The CT ends at the victory step. The Shakespeare ability is considered as advancing, what isn't possible anymore (as spending more culture for further advancements isn't possible either).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.