Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, got 2 games this weekend, even if those are not full games.

1. So this happens: My sister's elves attacked a group of neutral units. After the battle, one of the neutral units retreats into an empty territory, routed (obviously). She had planned to use second mobilize movement to move into the empty territory, which is now occupied by the routed neutral unit. Would this count as a second battle, thus not allowed? (we had ruled it as not allowed).

2. Several elven archers attack neutral sorcerers. They both activates special ability (orb thingy). Would the archers kill the sorcerers before the sorcerers got buffed?

3. Moving into a home realm is considered a battle right? So you can't move units in the most deep area of the home realm from outside the home realm in a single mobilize/conquer movement even if all home realm areas are empty?

Sorry if these have been asked.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a stab at these though Scott will be along to correct me at some point

1. You played correctly. It would count as a battle.
2. We resolve globes->flags->wounds and within those categories the Attacker has priority. So the archers win in this case.
3. Correct on all counts.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:
1. So this happens: My sister's elves attacked a group of neutral units. After the battle, one of the neutral units retreats into an empty territory, routed (obviously). She had planned to use second mobilize movement to move into the empty territory, which is now occupied by the routed neutral unit. Would this count as a second battle, thus not allowed? (we had ruled it as not allowed).

It would be a second battle, so you are correct that it isn't allowed, UNLESS you attempt diplomacy. If you attempt diplomacy, the result will depend:
- If gold, the units ally with you (but stay routed)
- If grey, the units will retreat to an uncontrolled area (even though they are routed, it has been officially ruled that this is an exception to the normal "can't move if routed" rule).
- Ir red, your units would be forced to retreat, because it would be a second battle otherwise.

Even if all the units are routed, it would still be considered a battle.

Quote:
2. Several elven archers attack neutral sorcerers. They both activates special ability (orb thingy). Would the archers kill the sorcerers before the sorcerers got buffed?

Yes. If both the attacker and defender units draw Orbs for a round of combat, you resolve the attacker's orbs first. Thus, the Archer units would deal damage to the Sorcerers, killing them. After this, the Sorcerer orbs would resolve, and any surviving sorcerers would now get the buffed health.

Quote:
3. Moving into a home realm is considered a battle right? So you can't move units in the most deep area of the home realm from outside the home realm in a single mobilize/conquer movement even if all home realm areas are empty?

Yes, any time you move into an enemy-controlled area, it would count as a battle, and home realm areas are always controlled by somebody; if they are empty, they are controlled by the home realm player by default. Home Realm areas are NEVER "uncontrolled".
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote:
It would be a second battle, so you are correct that it isn't allowed, UNLESS you attempt diplomacy. If you attempt diplomacy, the result will depend:


That's actually what we did. Unfortunately all 3 influence yields 3 cards with reds so she had to retreat.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.