Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
Subscribe to Smashing Plastic on YouTube
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Escape and love the game. I was quietly disappointed that it came with wooden dice though...

Then I bought illusions and it had plastic dice!

Is there a way to buy more plastic dice?

Did I get a super old version of Escape and a new version of illusions???

What's the deal???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my base game was plastic dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W.
United States
Madera
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has plastic dice as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic dice for me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the first print run and it came with plastic dice. You should upload an image to BGG and contact Queen games to get a replacement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you post a picture? I'm curious about the wooden dice.My game also has plastic dice and I think that's standard. So ask for a replacement, but keep the wooden dice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Kickstarter copy of Escape and the expansions so I received it from the very first batch. There were no wooden dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find a customer service email on their website... Can anyone help me out???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. Plastic dice here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Amundsen Østby
Norway
Langhus
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The German/American version has plastic dice, but the Scandinavian has wooden dice. I don't know about the other versions, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boufalaxx wrote:
I can't find a customer service email on their website... Can anyone help me out???

I've PMed Nikki, the US Queen Games rep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Menghini wrote:
Could you post a picture? I'm curious about the wooden dice.My game also has plastic dice and I think that's standard. So ask for a replacement, but keep the wooden dice!

The Dice in the Geek Image above are the wooden ones that came in my Core Set

The Dice below are the (Much higher quality) plastic ones that came with Illusions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, how light are the wooden dice?

I wonder if they are too light or too bouncy if it would effect game play. Lost time etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're really light... Frustratingly so

But the worst part is the texture... they're sorta "sticky".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Escape had wooden dice at any point...I have to wonder if you somehow bought an unauthorized copy. Is there Chinese writing on the back of the box? I saw a similar issue a few months ago with someone asking about their 7 Wonders set that had cards that were smaller than normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Putts wrote:
I don't think Escape had wooden dice at any point...I have to wonder if you somehow bought an unauthorized copy. Is there Chinese writing on the back of the box? I saw a similar issue a few months ago with someone asking about their 7 Wonders set that had cards that were smaller than normal.

In an earlier post on this thread, Kristian Amundsen Østby (the game designer) did say that the Scandinavian version came with wooden dice. So it could possibly be that version.

I have received a Chinese knockoff of Bananagrams once, so knockoffs could also be a possibility. The overall quality of the dice looks too good for that, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Beaveman wrote:
In an earlier post on this thread, Kristian Amundsen Østby (the game designer) did say that the Scandinavian version came with wooden dice. So it could possibly be that version.

Somehow I managed to read every post on this thread except that one before posting. That could certainly explain things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anaesthetic wrote:
The German/American version has plastic dice, but the Scandinavian has wooden dice. I don't know about the other versions, though.

My set doesn't indicate that it's Scandinavian... It's Multilingual if that is any indication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boufalaxx wrote:
boufalaxx wrote:

I've PMed Nikki, the US Queen Games rep

You could also try PM'ing Rajive Gupta (German representative of Queen Games) or, as mentioned above, the designer: Kristian Amundsen Ostby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Menghini wrote:

You could also try PM'ing Rajive Gupta (German representative of Queen Games) or, as mentioned above, the designer: Kristian Amundsen Ostby.

Thanks for the help

It sucks that this is one of my favourite games and buying an expansion (I even just bought Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Queenie 1: The Pit from the Geek Store) has left such a sour taste in my mouth...

I sure hope that they'll help me out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've cleaned up my original message and sent the following to both Rajive and Nikki (chilibean)

Thanks to the BGG community for your support and understanding.

Quote:
After watching a great video review, I ordered a copy of Escape The Curse of the Temple and the expansion Escape: Illusions in early September. By late September I received my copy and I have to say that I really love the game. I had one little issue with it and that was the wooden dice. I was disappointed that the component quality for everything else (even the box insert) was so high, but the dice quality was so low. I took it as a unfortunate circumstance, after all… the game just didn’t come with plastic dice.

Yesterday my copy of Escape Illusions finally arrived, and was surprised to see that the dice were upgraded to Plastic. When I enquired on Board Game Geek as to why I had wooden dice in the first instance but plastic in the 2nd, I was informed that I have been given a ‘scandinavian’ copy of the game (The only version to contain wooden dice).

This has left a real sour taste in my mouth. Had I known that Queens Games had produced one version with higher quality components and one with lower, I would have demanded from the retailer that I get the “Non-Scandinavian” version of the game. On that same coin, I don’t understand why Queen Games would distribute regionally incompatible versions to Australian Retailers.

I’m writing to you to ask if you could please contact me and arrange to send me a set of plastic dice (to match the set which came with the Illusions expansion). I would be happy to send the 25 wooden dice back to you at my expense once the plastic ones arrive.

If you could please get back to me quickly, it would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No reply...

I've found the following names on their website and mailed the message above to them.

r.gupta@queen-games.de
b.haasbach@queen-games.de
f.thyben@queen-games.de
s.stadler@queen-games.de

Wish me luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! Give it some time (I know, this is hard), but I'm sure you'll get your dice. Try to look through this 'obstacle', because it's a really fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn is boufalaxx
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No Love....

Not even a reply.

Sucks really... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer! But still, give it some time: most companies I know in Europe take longer than a week to reply to a complaint.

Have you also tried PM'ing Kristian (the designer)? Maybe he can pull some strings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.