13 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Heroes Unite» Forums » General

Subject: The biggest mistake Cryptozoic can make rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
It just came to my mind that the box of the original game is more than big enough to hold this and maybe even a future expansion. Problem is the really badly designed inlet that wastes all the available space.

Now, what do you guys think, will Cryptozoic learn from their mistake and design a better one for Heroes Unite that we can then use for both games or will they just use the same inlet again and make us carry two boxes or come up with our own storage solution?

I'm sad to say that I really expect them to do the later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tanco
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmb
The latter as well. They bought the license and are expecting a profit (hence all the banner ads on BGG). They won't design anything new just because we were inconvenienced by an insert. Even their graphic design choices seem uninspired. If it wasn't for the DC theme I wouldn't even bother with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I will just put all the cards from the two sets in one of the boxes, with home-made dividers. Game takes less space, the plastic insert isn't what I bought the game for anyway.

I'm looking forward to getting this game. Any day now... possibly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hope that they'll do something like what AEG did with the Thunderstone expansions and make them designed to hold the base game as well.

Better still would be somehow including a streamlined insert that can go in the original box to replace the bad one and organise both the base game and the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lorence Syfargo
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all the DC cards in my Dark City box How ironic right? Closest thing to a crossover for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fargy wrote:
I put all the DC cards in my Dark City box How ironic right? Closest thing to a crossover for me!

I keep my Legendary cards in my Resident Evil Mercenaries box .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
The Star Trek deck building game comes with two long trays for all the cards and a load of sponges to separate the different types. I use the sponges for LOTR and DC Deck builders.

Just had a thought, though - while I agree (as do a number of other posters) that Cryptozoic's plastic tray isn't the best, it's hardly "the biggest mistake Cryptozoic can make". The real biggest mistake would be making a bad game, and I'm pleased to say that's not what they have done with DC Superheroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shared your skepticism, but I already asked this exact question and Matt Hyra of Cryptozoic has already answered it :

"There is a new tray in DC2 and no tray guide. Instead, there is a large new well for cards. You'll be able to toss the DC1 main deck, oversized Super Heroes, and Super-Villains in DC2's box. Maybe even more than that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Two Towers has the new insert. It has the two big side wells. The finger slots also go all the way to the bottom in case you put your Super heroes in them making it easier the get them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
That's good news. Glad to hear it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Idc, Personally IJustWantThemToNot Mess Up On The Cards, And I Really Love This Game. TheyMadeAMistake Already With RedTornado, He's Only +2, IfHe Was +3, ThatWould BeAmazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you hate your space bar?

mrlebarican wrote:
Idc, Personally IJustWantThemToNot Mess Up On The Cards, And I Really Love This Game. TheyMadeAMistake Already With RedTornado, He's Only +2, IfHe Was +3, ThatWould BeAmazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryansdavis wrote:
Do you hate your space bar?

mrlebarican wrote:

Maybe he's a speedster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.