Subject: Agent miniatures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flash7713
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got a source for good agent miniatures for this game? I like the Warmacre official ones, but unfortunately the postage to Australia is more than the cost of the item! The challenge is finding minis that have the same character in 2 poses.....

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Schultz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who do you usually get your miniatures through? There are a couple lines like Artizan that make good alt minis for HoG, but the places I get them from might have equally abysmal shipping rates to Australia.

I tried looking at Unhalfbricking, Milsims, etc., that I know are down there, but it does not appear they have a good online selection of WWII miniatures.

This company seems to carry Artizan models, but curiously they don't come up in the WWII category, it just shows mostly Bolt Action brand WII:

http://www.warandpeacegames.com.au/28mm_WWII_s/179.htm

If you search my "Artizan," some WWII will come up, but not the complete line, but if they carry Arizan product they should be able to get what you want from the entire WWII line? Joe Dodgy's Dice and Games carries some Artizan online down there as well.

Id check out the Artizan site itself, then see if someone local can get them.

Here is a link to a set that has a good Nikolai at the far right, for example:

http://www.artizandesigns.com/prod.php?prod=1499

I think you will have to do a bit of customizing for the minis holding a knife, (cutting handguns off most likely and replacing them with a knife) as minis holding them are hard to find.

You basically need to look at the officer squads, as they are usually the only ones with pistols instead of long guns. (Although you should have no trouble finding a stand in for link with the Thompson)

Buying two sets for each needed hero may also be cost prohibitive, so I may just be sending you in circles (apologies), perhaps I just really love Artizan models too much. (I have not customized my "heroes" yet, but all of my Germans I have complete sets for the game in both Warmacre, and Artizan.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.