Hide
14 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Escape in the Truck 2-Player question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Grewell
msg tools
If you are playing Escape in the Truck with only two players, do the zombies automatically win if they kill three players? It seems they must since you have to have two players in the truck to win and when there is only one hero player, they would not get a replacement hero when their third hero is killed, because they would still have one hero left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the Hero Replenish rule you would automatically replace a killed hero with a new one - keeping your pool at 4 heroes. The zombies win a scenario if a stated number of heroes are killed.

A killed hero should automatically become a zombie hero unless killed by an explosion - there's not enough left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
Using the Hero Replenish rule you would automatically replace a killed hero with a new one - keeping your pool at 4 heroes.

That's an optional rule, which is not used in this scenario. (Of course you can use it if you want. I think a lot of people use it, although I personally don't.)

Check here for the normal rules on replacing heroes.

The zombies win if the heroes cannot meet their victory requirements. So, yes, if there is only one hero left, then the heroes lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you're correct about it being optional but I think Timber Peak strongly recommends its adoption across all appropriate LNOE scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Actually in the LNOE rulebook it states that the zombies automatically win if 4 heroes are killed regardless if you play the always zombie heroes/heroes replenish rule. If you do not allow heroes to replenish then you won't be able to get zombie heroes outside of the darkness part of the sun track marker. The other ways for the zombies to win is not allowing the heroes to escape by the end of the sun track marker or if the hero deck is empty. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Alderdust wrote:
Actually in the LNOE rulebook it states that the zombies automatically win if 4 heroes are killed regardless if you play the always zombie heroes/heroes replenish rule. If you do not allow heroes to replenish then you won't be able to get zombie heroes outside of the darkness part of the sun track marker. The other ways for the zombies to win is not allowing the heroes to escape by the end of the sun track marker or if the hero deck is empty. Hope this helps.

Would you mind quoting page and paragraph for this? It keeps coming up, but I can't find it anywhere. My rulebook has only the typical ambiguous FFP rule, nothing that flat-out states the 4 heroes killed bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seahawk wrote:
Alderdust wrote:

Would you mind quoting page and paragraph for this? It keeps coming up, but I can't find it anywhere. My rulebook has only the typical ambiguous FFP rule, nothing that flat-out states the 4 heroes killed bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools

Thanks!!!

Now I need to dig mine out of storage and check, because I swear that's not in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mitchell

Valdosta
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

A killed hero should automatically become a zombie hero unless killed by an explosion - there's not enough left.

I thought the rulebook stated that Heroes only become Zombie Heroes if they are called while the sun track marker is still in the black, or if a zombie card is used to infect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGorgotron wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

I thought the rulebook stated that Heroes only become Zombie Heroes if they are called while the sun track marker is still in the black, or if a zombie card is used to infect them.

I think this rule changed when Timber Peak came out and now "always zombie hero" is applied to any dead hero, except for the explosion instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
TheGorgotron wrote:
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:

I think this rule changed when Timber Peak came out and now "always zombie hero" is applied to any dead hero, except for the explosion instance.

Yeah. In general, it's more interesting to play "Always Zombie Heroes" as well as "Heroes Replenish". That way you've always got max number of heroes on the board, but there's still a disincentive for having a hero die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebooks are a progression...or an evolution of sorts. It's helpful to take them in sequentially to see how they have developed and have been implemented, sometimes retroactively to establish a new suggested "base" platform or foundation. "Suggested" as in we are going to continue developing expansions, scenarios and characters based on this new platform so it would be helpful to yourself to implement the new rules now across the board. Then everyone can talk LNOE apples for apples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mitchell

Valdosta
Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just assumed everyone was talking about the base games and not the expansions. I have just recently got this game and have not played any of the expansions yet. It does make way more sense for Heroes to turn into Zombies every time they die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish more games had "living rules", with a link in the rule book to where they... live... online. LNoE has really clarified and improved many of its rules over the years, mostly due to FAQs and expansions. It would be great if players could receive notifications when significant changes to the base rules happen, then they could go online and download the new rules.

The Flying Frog Wiki (http://www.flyingfrogwiki.com/ffpwiki/index.php?title=Catego...:LNOE_Rulebook) is a good start, but it doesn't really seem to be "living".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.