Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Las Vegas and passing all the hawkers on the sidewalks handing out business card ads for hookers, I remembered a thread a year or two ago about using them in quantity to make a game. I asked a guy I was hanging out with for a few days to start asking for more from each vendor (they don't offer them to women, but aggressively push them at the men). I started asking for them and ended up with a couple hundred. I've got them sorted on the big coffee table in my suite. May go out collecting today to try to get critical mass of some of the cards.

None of the original ideas appealed to me. I want something easy to teach and put together to bring to BGG.con. This will have to be quick as I won't have much time between this trip and BGG. (Will this be considered harassment? Does the fact that I'm a woman mitigate that? I know it's in bad taste, but its not Cards Against Humanity)

The cards: each have a girl's name and photo. Equally blonde and not. Half have a price. Some have an article of clothing. There are some common words or phrases on some. A smaller number with a another girl. Always a phone number.

I could do a quick version of Pit. Any name suggestions?

How about The Great Dalmuti? I could use a marker to put a number into a corner of each card. This would use up some of the cards that dont have a lot of duplicates.

Because of all the different commonalities between the cards, I suspect there is a Tile-Laying game here. I'm thinking of a pimp building his business, with the girls only recruiting their friends they have something in common with. Suburbia style?

I'm leaning towards a re-theme of Bohnanza, the bean field game. The fields could be brothels that specialize.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of a poker-ish Trick-taking Game similar to Tichu.

I love Alhambra, I'd have to trim the cards to square, add walls, but I think it would work.

So would For Sale.

I'd appreciate any ideas on any of these or others you think might lend itself to using these cards. Clever names are especially appreciated. There must be something starting "Pimp my _____". I've got tons of dice, money, Monopoly houses, pawns, markers, etc. to add to any game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a thread on the Geek dealing with this idea! Have a look! I like the concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
There is already a thread on the Geek dealing with this idea! Have a look! I like the concept.

As I said, I remembered that thread. I don't have time to design a game from scratch in a week, so it'll have to be a cheap knockoff. I hope to ather further insight from players at BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I've got no input on the game, but I'll happily play it with you to support your initiative
Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps take a look at PowerLunch?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Coloretto that was the original "inspiration" for using these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:

Quick summary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Treacher
United Kingdom
Moorlinch
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
Any name suggestions?

How's Tricks?

Cheap Trick?

Vegas Blowdown?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

Quick summary?

A CCG you play with whatever business cards you happen to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
I could do a quick version of Pit. Any name suggestions?

"Into the Pit"

I like this idea for a retheming approach -- set collection is going to make people focus on the cards and therefore the humor. And the winner is going to reveal a full hand of one type, which everyone can joke about what they 'cornered'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Get two of each... then it's a variant of Busen Memo

(this seemed like too good an opportunity not to mention that game in a thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have ons of the cards to deign a game, but I ended up quickly rethemeing New York, last year's BGG.con giveaway. Took it to this years con and got it on the table late nite, every night. Started out with the title "Whores of New York" but ended with the more subtle "Streets of New York."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.